Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's as simple as:

1) the DA cleared Franklin of all wrongdoing via press statements
2) Franklin is a helluva coach

Why would a school look any further into it than that? He's not accused (outside of message boards) of having done anything wrong. So, where's the PR problem?
4 of his players were found guilty of a rape, 3 of which are doing hard time for it, there was smoke about him maybe or maybe not being aware of the existence of a video of it, and he testified in the criminal trial about it. Even if he's totally innocent, it's still a huge PR problem. Especially given that he's the HC at a school that had a gigantic child sex abuse scandal before he got there.

Would wager based on timing things not going as planned for option 1. Who knows who that was. Who knows who 2 is.

Some good and reasonable guesses..... but NO ONE knows besides maybe 5 people right now.
Is there a chance... and I know this sounds crazy but is it possible the AD is actually doing a thorough job of vetting all candidates and interviewing like he said to make sure we are getting the best possible guy?

4 of his players were found guilty of a rape, 3 of which are doing hard time for it, there was smoke about him maybe or maybe not being aware of the existence of a video of it, and he testified in the criminal trial about it. Even if he's totally innocent, it's still a huge PR problem. Especially given that he's the HC at a school that had a gigantic child sex abuse scandal before he got there.
Someone should notify the media to make a big stink about it. They seem to have not been as worried about as the investigative journalism wing of VN.

Reactions: Vol4ever
I think it's as simple as:

1) the DA cleared Franklin of all wrongdoing via press statements
2) Franklin is a helluva coach

Why would a school look any further into it than that? He's not accused (outside of message boards) of having done anything wrong. So, where's the PR problem?

That may have played a role. I don’t think there is necessarily a single black and white, cut and dried explanation. That said, if anyone wants to connect the dots, there are plenty of red flags around that situation. In that instance, major sports media outlets weren’t interested in connecting those dots. If the situation were a little different, they might have become interested, and the coverage might have looked very different. That’s my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back