Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure

My sales job says “this program is at its bottom. The only way is up and if you win 8-9 games here the fans will love you. We haven’t won 9 games with any of our last 4 coaches and you can be a hero to our great fans”

In no way am I am mentioning higher expectations. The incoming coach will have those goals for sure but I am downplaying that talk to make them want to come here

Unless the new coach is an idiot, he will know that 8-9 wins will be awesome for a while, but not even that will keep the fans happy forever (me included), regardless of how much the AD spins it. But with that said, most of these guys like the idea of a challenge and that is a big reason why they have been successful.

Honest question though - Is there any debate that our job is worse now than it was 3 years ago. And 3 years ago all we could get was Pruitt. What makes us think we get someone with a better resume this time around? Even assuming DW is as great as everyone seems to think he is, no one is a miracle worker. I just don't see it.

This has gotta be the first coaching search ever that didn't center around gruden and gundy. Which already makes it the most successful coaching search of the 21st century. But would be kinda hilarious if they were able to keep any info from leaking until the press conference and trotted one of them out and shocked the world. Twitter would crash.
This is also the first coaching search where everyone is skeptical AF about randos showing up with vague “info”. Gruden threads eliminate almost all of them when you look at the post history. Lol @ them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back