Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
From a logical standpoint announcing a head coach tomorrow and presser on Wednesday would make the most sense.

Have to watch for news on a team meeting. We won't hear anything until then. It *may* leak before that but it wouldn't be from our side. He made it clear he wants our team to hear it from him first.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
I remember having to look up who Derek Dooley was. I remember hiring Butch Jones and hoping he didn’t ride Kelly’s talent and program to a higher position. I remember researching Pruitt to find out he went on a drunken tantrum in from of Mark Richt’s home in the middle of the night.

I just want to see a coach get hired that is a known commodity and shows we’re serious about winning. I can accept someone that checks that box.

We would double their salary, provide more resources than Cincinnati or Iowa State ever could, probably have to concede a much more job security because of the looming NCAA violations, and it's the big stage that doesn't have the ceiling.

If Iowa State or Cincinnati go undefeated, do you think they get into the playoffs ahead of a one or two loss SEC team?

And with Elliot, it's his chance to be the dude at a blue blood with his same exact recruiting network.

I get why they would want to leave their current jobs eventaully. But all of these guys will have (or have already had) really good options. I guess what I am saying is I am not sure of all the options these guys will have in the next year or two, I am not sure I see them pulling the trigger on us verses waiting on something better. I hope I'm wrong.

I'm hoping that Fleck is on standby so that if Campbell says no Fleck is the next in line. I think he would be fantastic here.
you and @HankHill
rZgutLk.gif

Not really. If we truly have a coach it needs to be announced ASAP before NSD. Especially if it's a home run dude.

Well NSD isn’t till next Wednesday. But if you want the big effect doing it today isn’t great. Not sure if they care or not. Plus gives White a little more space from his hiring.

Reactions: 5FingerVolPunch
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back