Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where there is smoke there is usually fire.
The lawsuit you're referring to at Penn State names Franklin but also acknowledges he had no part in the hazing. Reading into a little, sounds like he was embarrassed in a locker room fight, transferred and now is trying to take everyone down. Is there really a need to call the police for a locker room fight? No and I believe the other stuff is window dressing to make the lawsuit look better. Further more, if all of this is true, it's all out in the open now then why not file criminal charges?

it's all well and good till you get a paper cut on your James Franklin.
1c1e0667489886f4723ceb13addd6865dc636857.gifv

Pete Thamel on his Yahoo Podcast said Danny White has raised the bar for what is possible in this coaching search for Tennessee, and listed these three candidates as the ones he thinks DW should go after, even if "there is a bit of a reach factor involved":

Neal Brown
Scott Satterfield
Sonny Dykes

I really hate Pete Thamel. No other reporter hates our program more than him.
Thought Brown had already affirmed he is staying put.

Reactions: Vol4ever
Trying to get a gauge of you given your posts, are you a football coach?
No, I just know a few coaches. Fickell is an educated guess. He meets all the criteria and all has been quiet on him. Everyone assumes he is waiting for Big 10 job.
I will say this, coaches are more willing to come to UT now that DW is here.

LOL y’all saying you wouldn’t support Urban Meyer as HC would be some of the ones cheering the loudest the minute he started winning the SEC and getting us in the playoffs. I know this bc you’re still active on a message board dedicated to a team that hasn’t been relevant in college football for well over a decade.

No amount of new ADs, coaching searches, recruiting misses, or humiliating on field losses can keep you from your UT fandom.
You really seem to have the pulse of....... well... everyone.

Folks wetting their pants for Hugh Freeze who scoff at even looking at James Franklin didn't do enough reading about Hugh Freeze (it wasn't just hookers and paying players).
Big difference between a grown adult making a decision to have sex for money and rape or an non consensual woman. If you can’t see that you’ve got problems.

Reactions: VFL28
Silence is due to a few things:

1) new AD, no local plugged in sources
2) search firm, not typically booster sieve
3) according to SF, not a sexton client at top so no orchestrated leaks to get all his clients raises
4) Danny Dub has a history of radio silent searches
5) no significant noise from current schools because future coach not currently employed
6) it’s Bob Stoops or Chris Petersen

EDIT:
book it
second edit:
check my stats
Edit 3: Eric berry will meet James Franklin over the middle

Ca

Campbell has had mild success?

Campbell was named the Big 12 Coach of the Year 3 times. He has upset teams every year. Finished first in the Big 12 this year and beat Oregon in their bowl game. All of this at freaking Iowa State. Might want to do some more research.

Is the Big 12 the SEC? Not by a long shot. Baylor isn’t as strong as they once were, nor is OU or UT. Who else is there besides these teams? Either of the Kansas’? The off brand Texas schools? WVU? Your do more research quote is hilarious. Winning in a conference that is nowhere near the level of ours and that is also significantly down in terms of talent compared to past years is night and day different than equating that with success in the SEC. Kentucky and Missouri could easily perform in the upper echelon of the big 12 in its current state.

Silence is due to a few things:

1) new AD, no local plugged in sources
2) search firm, not typically booster sieve
3) according to SF, not a sexton client at top so no orchestrated leaks to get all his clients raises
4) Danny Dub has a history of radio silent searches
5) no significant noise from current schools because future coach not currently employed
6) it’s Bob Stoops or Chris Petersen
giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back