Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
A big ten championship. And this is an easier job to win at. We’re in the east and have a much better talent base
Wrong. We play Bama every year. The best program in the country. Plus UGA and Florida. Then usually one big OCC game. Penn State is am easier to win at and that’s not even debatable.

We can't go by the $8m figure and say Campbell isn't worth that or this coach isn't worth that so it can't be them since we are obviously having to overpay due to our current ncaa situation.

You don’t agree Vandy is the worse job in the SEC

Or

That the SEC is better than the Big 12

or

That Iowa state isn’t the worst job in the Big 12?

Which are you telling me to stop about?
Dude isn’t worth the argument. Regardless of his resume as a coach. Even if we get as far as his resume, he can’t win the big games. Campbell hasn’t had the opportunity at a big program to do so, so I would choose him anyway.

The crime happened in June 2013. Franklin was hired in January 2014.

Penn State definitely knew about the incident and did background on it.

Nothing in any of the articles I’ve read that couldn’t be vetted by a search firm with a few phone calls.
Its not about when it happened, its when the court documents are un sealed which usually takes a while.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
The only knock on Campbell that I can see, is just like he wins big games he's not supposed to win ... he drops games to teams he should beat.
I don't know if he's not getting them ready to play for lesser games, if the team plays down to the level of the competition, or what.
I'd love the hire tho.

He is the low level of competition. I would say he’s had 2 bad losses at ISU in 5 years. I’m not calling any in-conference loss bad because ISU is the low tier. He lost to an FCS team in year one where they went 3-9. They were 3-9 the year before him. He lost this year to Louisiana, who ended up being good.

Franklin is a good smokescreen name to get us off the Campbell train - we’d accept anybody over him. Roll the Clemson oc back out - well take him.
That's what has me the most worried... Get Franklin shoved down our throat for a little while, and trout out Steele and I'd be like "whew"...

🤷‍♂️

Dude isn’t worth the argument. Regardless of his resume as a coach. Even if we get as far as his Resume, he can’t win the big games. Campbell hasn’t had the opportunity at a big program to do so, so I would choose him anyway.

Both Franklin and campbell have some huge wins. Franklin has beaten CUM twice I think

Wrong. We play Bama every year. The best program in the country. Plus UGA and Florida. Then usually one big OCC game. Penn State is am easier to win at and that’s not even debatable.
Big ten east is way tougher than the SEC east. Kirby and Mullen aren’t that good. Franklin would coach circles around both. And again, he will recruit very well here. It’s clearly an easier job

Reactions: Tnfan41
i think it’s plausible, and so did the the judge and jury in a case that was a lot more thorough than your investigation.. I can’t condemn somebody that was proven innocent when I didn’t pour over the details
We don't know what the judge or jury thought because court cases aren't decided on opinion. It may be they thought he was guilty as hell, but without real supporting evidence, they couldn't convict. Personally, I think he was guilty as hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back