Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Semi-educated guess on how things are going...

• Any reporters, other than Chris Lowe, Feldman, Thamel, or (ugh) Wolken, reporting that we have extended offers are more than likely hearing from agents or coaches wanting to get their name out there.
  • Things are quiet, and we want it that way.
  • I think the search is going well (pure speculation) because we did our vetting (head coach and AD) prior to hiring an AD and floated names to White in the interview (contextual deduction)
  • White has put the hammer down on any details getting out
  • No idea who is on the list but, its impressive...but we could reincarnate General Neyland and there's always going to be some contingent of VolNation that has a problem with who's hired (I DON'T WANT A DAYUM ZOMBIE RUNNIN OUR PROGRAM!)
  • PURE SPECULATION HERE...I think we have a new head coach in less than a week

Does that make sense to any of you? LOL

Mario Cristobal would do well here, but didn’t he just sign an extension including a massive buyout?

You have to think that if he wants to come back south, there are only a couple of jobs that he would bolt Oregon for. While not exactly Nike money, we have comparable resources, facilities, etc.

He actually makes a lot of sense if it weren’t for the recent extensions. But maybe DW is willing to go all in on the buyout.
I dont think the buyout matters. Like Plowman said, it will pay for itself.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
As Troy and Joe said, they let them play all game...CONSISTENTLY on both sides. That taffy pull by King was too obvious to ignore.
Yea. It’s not one of those questionable arm wraps around the side. The jersey pull when he was beat was just too blatant. After seeing the replay that would be hard to justify not calling as letting them play.

Reactions: captainfalcon777
Yeah, you know as a fan of the program the mental anguish is too much. Ya’ll ever think this has gone on too long? Could Danny White really choose the coach that would snap us out of this decade plus if dysfunction? This can’t go on forever can it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back