Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would Riley leave OU and come here? Campbell turned down Texas, he isn't coming here. Will Fickell? Idk, then that would be Tom Herman. I just don't see it with his reputation for dealing with people behind the scenes and the player revolt. Is he apologetic for that? Does he admit those issues and does he vow to be different here?

Money? Easier to recruit?He's still having to dip into the south a lot of to build a roster, and it hurts his ability to build a defense that can get him past the first round of the playoffs? Not having Bob Stoops around?

Stanford
2020: 4-2
2019: 4-8
2018: 8-4

Why would we want Shaw?
Yeah, I really wanted Shaw in 2013, still would have taken him in 2017, but it looks like he may be trapped in the 80's with his offensive approach. And really, as long as his teams play .500 ball, they will keep him at Stanford indefinitely, which is a pretty nice place to be if you make as much as he does.

I'm not sure there are many off the table with White and if we're actually willing to throw the money around. I think White brings a lot of credibility and confidence that we didn't have before yesterday.
I think this is the right take. I think they will look for stability and longevity over a "splash" hire though.

Guys if it’s not Kiffin resist the urge to criticize the hire. We have professional leadership and an A D that knows what he is doing. Whoever we hire deserves the full support of all of the fan base. We need the fan base’s response of positive energy to be off the charts.
Go Big Orange.
This. Some of us would be disappointed and that's ok, but not ok to criticize. We all need to get behind the new coach, whoever it is, give him our support, and wait for great things to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back