Kiffin
Satterfield
Elliott
Heupel
Campbell
Malzahn
Herman
Steele
Ron, let me ask this. It's been noted UT willing to pay up to $7 million per year for the right person. That doesn't sound like Chadwell or Napier but does fit the profile of "next big thing" coach. The size of the wallet doesn't match those two on the top right? I'm not saying they wouldn't do well, but I'm saying you could easily get them for $3-4 million right?

I swear to God, if we hire another coordinator...... I don't care about whites past success hiring people. We were told this isn't a place to try someone out. We were told a winner that's coached before. We are in this mess because we hired a coordinator. Don't hire a coordinator. Period. And I hope you guys don't blindly accept another coordinator just because white hired him.
I agree. It burns every bit of goodwill they just earned.

Reactions: ChattaTNVol
Ha! I should be asking you.

I have an idea of two names I personally love who I think we're targeting, but opinions are mixed on this board. I've got the rep as the bad list guy so I'll leave it at that.

If you aren’t sure about if the names are actually being targeted or not, what harm does it do to let us know who they are?

Reactions: tnvols72
Ron, let me ask this. It's been noted UT willing to pay up to $7 million per year for the right person. That doesn't sound like Chadwell or Napier but does fit the profile of "next big thing" coach. The size of the wallet doesn't match those two on the top right? I'm not saying they wouldn't do well, but I'm saying you could easily get them for $3-4 million right?
Yes. They won’t pay $7mil for guys like Chadwell or Napier. That number is just for the big fish if they can land them.

We're willing to pay $7mil a year but you have to get those types of coaches to be able to say yes. Seems like this list is a more realistic group that we can choose from and they keep off the big name coaches that we would offer the $7mil to as they probably do not see them as realistic candidates.

I have nothing against Kiffin and think he could do well here, but realistically, I think the odds are against him being the hire. Boyd and Plowman seem to be about starting fresh. That showed in hiring Danny White, an AD without a past connection to UT. I think the same will probably be true of our next HC.

But I'm not an insider and know nothing concrete.
you're probably right, and i think (hope) most of us that really, really, really, pretty please w/a cherry on top, want Kiffin know that on some level.

Last edited:
I just can't figure out who the **** that is. Gotta be a young guy, but what young guys out there are truly established at a power 5 school besides Lincoln Riley? and you can't really consider him a program builder because he took over what Stoops left him which was loaded. Matt Campbell? Seems super unlikely for either of them.

I don’t think it has to be a P5 school but Fleck fits this description as well. Clean, culture and program builder, leader.

Not that he’s even on the board just thinking of guys who might fit that description.

The fact you can't spell Kiffin right tells me you probably don't know what you are talking about.

The fact that I work night shift (I don’t care to check what I say before I reply) & I’m just regurgitating what I’ve read from other boards definitely proves you wrong.

Assume we do already have our guy Out of respect to UCF and the appearance of doing due diligence I don’t think we will hire anyone until the end of next week even if we have our guy already.

White will want to show he’s done due diligence with the search and also not any kind of hint he was working on it while being employed at UCF imo

IDK, I liked the decisive approach they took to AD. Just target the guy at the top of your list and make him say yes, or at least make it look that way.

Reactions: BruinVol
Fickell checks every box plus has proven success at the power 5 level. Dude has only lost 6 games the last three years and has legit bona fides working under Urban Meyer. He knows what championship teams look like and is ready for the next step.

Reactions: Neyland Law Vol
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back