Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Becuase Herman has inquired about the job, so has Lane, and AP has said that Chadwell will take the job. There you go
And Gruden was going to be our coach and Lovie Smith was on the plane to take the job. Dan Mullen was going to take the job. I have heard this song before.

Just imagine Kiffin coaching Hyatt, Wideman, and Holiday. Salter too. We would score all the points. I bet he would find an amazing way to utilize Wright's speed also

Receivers are looking good, but our running backs could be great next year. Excited about Small and Beckwith. I'd like to see us run a RPO offense and I think that would fit any of our quarterbacks to be honest.

The NCAA is powerless against big schools, look at the basketball scandal ( unc ) or the other basketball scandal ( Kansas, lsu, zona, barn ) or the worst scandal in sports history Penn State. They can't do sh!t as long as Tennessee stands it's ground.

The lack of punishment in basketball is crazy.

Penn State got fined 60 million, a 4 year bowl ban, and like a 45 scholarship reduction over 4 or 5 years.
I think these were all lifted prior to the full term tho.
NCAA still tries to punish in football, or at least they have more so than in basketball. But LSU just got off pretty lightly, so we’ll see what happens

For those in the know, other than the UAB AD and coach, what do other ads on the list have in common with some of the coaches being named?

I don't think we can have a year-long interim, that will kill our chance at making hay with the 2022 class of in-state talent. Steele is a great recruiter, but he can't do it as an interim, holding a place for an unknown, especially with offensive players. I will trust that @Atlanta VOL and his brethren have been working behind the scenes to get an offensive mind or a CEO-type lined up who will work with Steele.

Plowman has set the bar high for our ethical standards, so unfortunately it looks like Freeze and Kiffin are out. I really hope it is not Adam Gase. because he seems like he'd be a terrible fit here, maybe @HankHill disagrees. If Plowman talks to the AD at Texas, she probably won't want Tom Herman around, even though his failings weren't NCAA-related. Napier may be too set on bringing in all of his own coaches, including on defense, which may be a deal breaker for him. Matt Campbell doesn't seem like he is going anywhere any time soon no matter how much you offer him.

That leaves Chadwell, O'Brien, Bill Clark, and Fleck, possibly Marrone, although that looks less likely without Fulmer around. Anyone in the pros I'm missing? Greg Roman? The more I think about it, Fleck may be the best option if he would have any interest whatsoever.
O’Brien or Bill Clark inching up for me.

Reactions: Dudley Smith
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back