Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
May lose them regardless.

Need to hire the right AD first and then a home run coach - all this while Steele is the leader of the program.

This is going to take a while.
The idea that they're going to hire a home run coach is beyond me at this point. They've done nothing but make disaster hires since Phil. They don't even hire coaches with winning records. Why should I believe that's going to change?

Feel like if Gus isn't a serious candidate then all the bad blood with him and Steele is true.

With Steele being brought in though and them hiring a new S&C guy already I feel like either they have their candidate already or we'll have a full year of Steele as Interim with an audition to get the job. I hope it's the candidate option though, but I can't remember a coaching search going well for us in recent memory for football so...

I’ve never felt this program was on the verge of dying until today

today is an awful day and I don’t think we recover for at least a decade

You have to wonder if even Fulmer was like "Ya know what, **** it, you guys have this. I'm out, good luck."

We either hit a homerun Sabanesque hire, or this program is once and for all officially dead. This might not be recoverable.

“Pruitt had a regular staff meeting this morning then had a meeting with UT higher ups. Following that meeting Pruitt left the complex and campus.

i'm hearing that Fulmer is going to stay on until an AD is hired. I think the University will use a search firm and a priority would be a current sitting AD. One wonders if John Gilbert wouldn't be high on the list.”

- Hubbs
I mean...surely this was not a shock to Pruitt??? Surely this has been known??? I would find it shocking that Pruitt has a staff meeting today and it was not to inform them of what was going down.

But then again, this is Tennessee....just hope the visit to HT was to introduce him to Steele so he would come back and not to lay on a deep lie that Pruitt was coming back to trick him into coming back...But again, this is Tennessee......

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Feel like if Gus isn't a serious candidate then all the bad blood with him and Steele is true.

With Steele being brought in though and them hiring a new S&C guy already I feel like either they have their candidate already or we'll have a full year of Steele as Interim with an audition to get the job. I hope it's the candidate option though, but I can't remember a coaching search going well for us in recent memory for football so...

If Steele remains I choose to believe they’ve got their guy whether I’m right or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back