Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mostly fight with administrators who keep adding and changing forms for everything.
Going from joking around to serious, I was reading the other day that a movie loosely based on the Sutton Hoo digs in England is supposed to be coming out soon.

I'm not buying what they were trying to sell in the War Room about Pruitt contacting and hiring Steele. That makes absolutely no sense especially since he is not allowed to hire an OL and DL coach until this is all over. This sounds like those guys on VQ continuing to carry the water for Pruitt.

The General's Quarters
Football War Room 1-15-2021....

We begin this edition of the War Room as we always do. The War Room is a collective effort of notes and news gathered throughout the week by Brent, Rob, and Austin that is located only on the General's Quarters. And now, it's on with the news.

The wait continues with the Tennessee football program as attorneys Michael Glazier and Kyle Skillman have spent the week interviewing multiple Vol coaches including Jeremy Pruitt on Thursday as a part of their investigation.

Pruitt began his interview just after lunch and it lasted past 8 pm on Thursday night. The thought is that this week essentially wrapped up the interview part of the investigation. Typically, Glazier’s group writes up their findings in a report, gives the University their recommendations then that’s all from them.

Tennessee’s General Counsel has been aware of the findings as the investigation started in November. The question now is how significant are the findings, who all is included in those findings and what’s the University’s response to them? Obviously, they have found things. No one you talk to disputes that.

While that has been going on this week, University Chancellor Donde Plowman approved the hiring of Kevin Steele to the football program. The timing is obviously interesting in terms of what does it mean in regards to Pruitt and why would Steele choose this job over other options he had? Steele is a Tennessee grad, knows the program and obviously feels an attachment to the Vols to the point he wants to try and help. We will see what it means in regards to Pruitt.

Two weeks ago, I would have said Pruitt being allowed to hire someone means he’s back. That doesn’t seem nearly as obvious this week. What we do know is that Pruitt was the one who contacted Steele about coming back to Rocky Top and wants him here. Steele most certainly spoke with his friend Phillip Fulmer as well, but the push for Steele and the push to get the hire made was started by Pruitt. The two have been longtime friends. Tennessee formally offered Steele the job last weekend and they worked out the details finishing it up on Tuesday. Steele will arrive in Knoxville in the next couple of days.

Vol players are expected to be back in town this weekend and a team meeting is scheduled for early next week. The meeting has been scheduled since the start date of the spring semester was established. One player we will be watching to see if he makes it back to Knoxville is Henry To’o To’o. Henry loves Knoxville but the temperature around the program has pushed some people close to Henry to give things a long look and ponder if this makes the most sense for him going forward.

The biggest question surrounding the players is who all is returning? Since December 1st, 10 scholarship players have entered the portal. The biggest name was Wanya Morris who went in on Wednesday. Shawn Shamburger went into the portal but removed his name from it this week. Oklahoma is thought to be the favorite for landing Morris. Morris still has the option to return, but as of now that would appear to be a long shot.

Will more Vols go into the portal in the coming days? We will definitely keep a close eye on the portal and Tennessee will continue to work to try and keep their roster together which is why Steele has been or will be talking to defensive guys. And we will see who comes to town and who doesn’t in the next four days as classes are set to start on January 20th.

Tennessee is in he market for a defensive line coach and an offensive line coach. Now former Auburn defensive line coach Rodney Garner makes a ton of sense. Garner and Steele are obviously close. Pruitt has tons of respect for Garner as a coach and a recruiter. As for the offensive line coach, Tennessee has interviewed a handful of candidates. This week they interviewed Lee Grimes who was at Charlotte and is now at Kansas.

Hubbs
man Pruitt is a great defensive mind but he doesn’t have a damn clue when it comes to offense. Kansas’s offensive line coach.

I did my phd at Arizona. It's awesome out there. If you ever get a chance to go to Chaco Canyon, you should go.

That being said, the Tennessee River Valley is probably one of the coolest places to do archaeology in the Americas.
Really? My son decided he would not be an archaeologist at the age of 9 because he didn't want to have to travel far away from us lol. This was after he had dug so many deep holes in the yard which he didn't fill back in that I banished him to the woods to dig. The first thing he did was cut through the phone line and barely miss the electric line. Good times

Kiffin would leave us high and dry again.
Not if he's making 7 to 8 million a year.
UT is one of the pinnacles of college football, still is...we just have to pay like it. The night Kiffin said he was leaving for USC, if we truly believed he was the guy, even then, we should have blown USC's offer off the table.

In an earlier post, I said Campbell, Kiffin, Freeze, Peterson...give them whatever they want. Forgot to add Lincoln Riley to that list.

As I said earlier, I believe Kiffin and Freeze would come if we made them a pretty sweet deal; but, Campbell, Peterson, Riley...I would make them turn down the best deal they have ever heard.

David Shaw would have to turn down a pretty sweet deal, too.

In an earlier post, I said Campbell, Kiffin, Freeze, Peterson...give them whatever they want. Forgot to add Lincoln Riley to that list.

As I said earlier, I believe Kiffin and Freeze would come if we made them a pretty sweet deal; but, Campbell, Peterson, Riley...I would make them turn down the best deal they have ever heard.

David Shaw would have to turn down a pretty sweet deal, too.
Petersen is my #1 home run. Above Freeze, Campbell, Herman, etc... He could be Tennesse's Saban.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back