Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he is interim, Is that really any worse than Pruitt staying, because he is essentially an interim, in that scenario. If Steele somehow kills it, he gets the job long term (extremely unlikely). If he flames out, he is gone in a year. JMO.

I agree with your assessment with one caveat ... how well can we recruit the '22 in state class with an interim? That's my biggest concern with this scenario.

I don't think Steele is being considered as an interim coach for the 2021 season. Naming him as interim now (if Pruitt is fired) would be short term until the next hire is in place. I would expect Steele to get an interview for the head coaching job, but I think that's a tough sell.

Bringing Steele in, with Tee and Jay on staff and Fulmer in the AD chair, is an attempt to rebuild the "Tennessee way," for lack of a better term. A new head coach will have to be on board with and fit into it.
Marrone probably fits the bill.

Reactions: MrVolton
I agree with your assessment with one caveat ... how well can we recruit the '22 in state class with an interim? That's my biggest concern with this scenario.

That's where Marrone/Chadwell comes in... If we get rid of Pruitt, no way we just hang in the wind with an interim for any longer than we absolutely have to....

Reactions: preacherwebb
I don't think Steele is being considered as an interim coach for the 2021 season. Naming him as interim now (if Pruitt is fired) would be short term until the next hire is in place. I would expect Steele to get an interview for the head coaching job, but I think that's a tough sell.

Bringing Steele in, with Tee and Jay on staff and Fulmer in the AD chair, is an attempt to rebuild the "Tennessee way," for lack of a better term. A new head coach will have to be on board with and fit into it.
so Marrone

Pruitts call. Although I’m sure if Chaney is fired VQ will try to spin it to the fans that Chaney was a big reason for JG and the offense.

Which is the problem around the program. Spin. You don't need to spin if you do things right. They spin because they have been a bunch of losers for about 15 years. Pretenders and wannabes take turns ruling over the mess. I still hope Boyd and Plowman do this right, but at this stage the hope is dwindling daily.

Reactions: Smyrna ATL Vol

I think Marrone will be fine with it... less work for him...

Reactions: Vols4us
If Pruitt is canned, Steele runs the defense, Garner comes in, and an Offensive Coordinator is hired whose offense is from at least 2015, then I'll support a Marrone hire and buy the narrative that the Jags were horribly run and he raised a morbid bound Syracuse program.

But, if he starts to lose, I'll turn quickly. I'll declare that he ran the Jags into the ground, cannot develop QBs, is merely a Fulmerite, and is another bargain bin hire.

At least, I have a plan in place. We'll see if the UT AD does.

They supposedly found another Super Earth, but has a temperature of 3000 degrees from its closeness to a star, which in my mind makes it uninhabitable so therefore not earthlike.

We’ll nuke the star with dry ice to cool it down. After that we should be good.

It’s to keep players from bolting when Pruitt is fired. Steele is a great coach and recruiter. They will use the VFLs to calm the players and Steele greatly helps deflections.

More nepotism is the answer. I'm sure that will work out great. Firing an all Tennessee staff and AD because they weren't qualified in the first place will be great for the program.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back