Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the staff that has turned Trey Smith into a 2nd round draft pick.

They did some good work with Butch guys like Nigel Warrior, Darrell Taylor, Daniel Bituli and Josh Palmer though.

All of Pruitt's recruits were more impactful in their first seasons then have regressed.

The only two Pruitt recruits who have moderately progressed have been: Eric Gray, Henry T., Q. Crouch.

The lack of defensive progression has been the single most disappointing thing to me about the Pruitt tenure.
Henry T regressed. Crouch is at this time a lower echelon SEC lb. Gray has only succeeded because of natural talent. Still doesn’t break or elude tackles like he should. Trey Smith is likely a third/ fourth round pick. He regressed in 2020.

If Steele really does become interim my wife will wonder why I'm not watching football next season and probably take me to the doctor

Same if Pruitt is the HC. I'm out.

In reality my wife is worse about it than me. I've got golf until it gets cold and then basketball kicks in. Would rather it be football, but whatever. If they don't care, why should I?

Reactions: Jack Burton
No my argument is find an already proven coach and pay them. I don't know how hard it is to comprehend. I don't want Chadwell, I don't want Napier, I want a good coach that has a proven track record as HC.
Fair enough, who do you think would leave and come to this mess?

If Steele really does become interim my wife will wonder why I'm not watching football next season and probably take me to the doctor
If he is interim, Is that really any worse than Pruitt staying, because he is essentially an interim, in that scenario. If Steele somehow kills it, he gets the job long term (extremely unlikely). If he flames out, he is gone in a year. JMO.

Nott to beat a dead horse, but let’s go back to JG. Do we know for certainty it was Pruitt who kept trotting him out there or was he doing what Chaney wanted him to do?
Could change our whole perception of Pruitt and his perceived micromanaging?
Sorry if I missed that somewhere, but just curious.
Pruitts call. Although I’m sure if Chaney is fired VQ will try to spin it to the fans that Chaney was a big reason for JG and the offense.

I don't think Steele is being considered as an interim coach for the 2021 season. Naming him as interim now (if Pruitt is fired) would be short term until the next hire is in place. I would expect Steele to get an interview for the head coaching job, but I think that's a tough sell.

Bringing Steele in, with Tee and Jay on staff and Fulmer in the AD chair, is an attempt to rebuild the "Tennessee way," for lack of a better term. A new head coach will have to be on board with and fit into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back