Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, after what Tony V was able to do missing as much as they did I'm not too worried about that squad. And it was a young team that made this year's SEC so they can be right back pretty quickly, all about when the bats get hot.

Basketball seems to be the best setup, not sure how he did it but Barnes went from arguably the best class we've had to pulling in an even better one (with more depth!). So I think if they stay healthy and Chandler is as good as we expect him to be they'll be able to win the SECT this season.

Football for obvious reasons is still a few years behind.

lets worry about the secondary and linebackers before we worry about infield.

Vitello's the man. Huepful hasnt coached a down at TN yet.
I’ve gotten flack for it, but football just doesn’t move the needle for me right now. Idk how anyone can blame me.
Yeah, after what Tony V was able to do missing as much as they did I'm not too worried about that squad. And it was a young team that made this year's SEC so they can be right back pretty quickly, all about when the bats get hot.

Basketball seems to be the best setup, not sure how he did it but Barnes went from arguably the best class we've had to pulling in an even better one (with more depth!). So I think if they stay healthy and Chandler is as good as we expect him to be they'll be able to win the SECT this season.

Football for obvious reasons is still a few years behind.
Basketball will be good. But the SEC is arguably the deepest conference in basketball now. It’s not 2018 anymore

Reactions: Cosmo Kramer
Neyland and TBA are home, but dang they’re ugly from the river (TBA doesn’t have a good side). Both need major facelifts.

Please be the man, Danny. Let it happen.

View attachment 381405
Idk how UT dropped the ball on TBA that bad. One of the Mecca’s of college basketball on the inside, but looks like the chernobyl concrete tomb on the outside

I’ve gotten flack for it, but football just doesn’t move the needle for me right now. Idk how anyone can blame me.

Basketball will be good. But the SEC is arguably the deepest conference in basketball now. It’s not 2018 anymore

Same feeling with football. I'll always be optimistic and excited, but until we're not battling to be "just better" than Vandy it's hard to get too hyped up. I just want to see an offense that pushes 30+ PPG consistently.

Oh! I plan to be outside looking at beautiful scenery, enjoying my kids and that MAY not include game in background.

I can blame you…… wins and losses shouldn’t be the basis of your fandom……for example: I have always been a 76ers fan….. got made fun of it for the majority of my youth bc they sucked…. Allen Iverson comes around and has us in the championship….. those same people were yelling go sixers at me when I had my gear on…..people need to stick with their team through the good and bad times.

I can blame you…… wins and losses shouldn’t be the basis of your fandom……for example: I have always been a 76ers fan….. got made fun of it for the majority of my youth bc they sucked…. Allen Iverson comes around and has us in the championship….. those same people were yelling go sixers at me when I had my gear on…..people need to stick with their team through the good and bad times.
Man if you want to be wishy washy on football, wgas. Life is too short. Enjoy it.

Ive shaken my fist at TV screen too many times in past. i spose this is apathy

I’m not actively pulling for anyone else. I’m just not excited. If you are, good for you.

I believe he had a history of injuries and this was his first full season.

Correct, along with a shortened Covid year last year. He wasn't quite as talented as his brother and has bloomed late and probably needs to show out another year, in addition to hitting lefties better.

No reason to be worried with the talent that TV is bringing in.
No doubt the future is bright. Baseball is just different. LSU has had top 5 classes almost every year, but they were so young this past season that the struggles of that forced their coach to retire. We’ll probably win 35-40 but I do expect a step back.

No doubt the future is bright. Baseball is just different. LSU has had top 5 classes almost every year, but they were so young this past season that the struggles of that forced their coach to retire. We’ll probably win 35-40 but I do expect a step back.

You can't expect a CWS every year, but we are also bringing in different type of talent than what this year's team had. Tidwell, Burns, Dollander, and a few position players are all projected top draft picks. We will have experience to go with some youth, but some of the new infielders will be Juco guys, so it's not the same as high school players.

You can't expect a CWS every year, but we are also bringing in different type of talent than what this year's team had. Tidwell, Burns, Dollander, and a few position players are all projected top draft picks. We will have experience to go with some youth, but some of the new infielders will be Juco guys, so it's not the same as high school players.
You’re right. Reasonable expectations for now is just making the dance every year. When Vitello gets the facilities to match then we can start expecting big ticket recruits and results. We’re kind of handicapped by being last in facilities

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back