Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
The millennial generation is growing up now and starting to see how life really works. The generation immediately following the millennials is who is entering the soft phase. It has always been a generational cycle that people go through. Our parents take care of us when we are young....we get to our teens/20s and think we know everything.... we hit our 30s/40s and life gets real and we start to understand that stuff ain't free... we get past 50 or 60 and we start complaining about how the younger generations are screwing it all up. However, now the younger generations have social media and they can complain from a much taller soapbox and they have a megaphone to make their complaining louder and we have pandering politicians that want to give them everything they ask for instead of giving them what is best for them.
That is the issue though, by doing so, power has been taken from what has usually been older and wiser voters, and given to millions of idiots that haven't yet learned how the real world works.

People talk about how big the sky is out there. Several things occured to me back then, when I had time to analyze, dwell, and write musings.

Aptly, it's Big Sky MT. Home to confluence of two major blue ribbon trout streams. What's indescribable is the grandeur of things. Growing up always had safety and comfort of trees to hem me in. In my twenties, was able to explore those areas. Some take the beauty of this area for granted...While I would encourage anyone to travel there, though, in terms of sheer beauty there is nothing like ETN or WNC.
100% opposite opinion..except I do agree the Blue Ridge/Smokies are beautiful, the effect you speak of being "hemmed in" gives me an almost subconscious feeling of being trapped sometimes...The west feels like pure freedom to me.

I need specifics, not turns of phrase and platitudes. What makes these younger generations soft? How are they "screwing it all up"? Most of all, how can you say that politicians aren't giving them what they need by listening to them in this post, implying that someone other than the constituency knows what's best for the constituency, when earlier you just said that gubment doesn't know best. So who are these people that know best?
One specific is the university or UTAH has a crying closet for students that are stressed.

I feel like I am in atlas shrugged. They lied about the level of danger and took away your rights. They made anyone who didn’t agree evil. They took away people’s constitutional right to provide for themselves (pursuit of happiness). They then paid people to not work. So they didn’t. Then ports got backed up. Then containers went through the roof. Then wood became crazy but we can’t import from next door. Now steel is going crazy. It will impact home building. It will impact commercial real estate. It will increase pricing. So then they will need to pay people even more to do nothing. We’ve already spent ww2 money twice and now we need even more. I really though atlas shrugged was far fetched when I read it.

Now...

I feel like I am in atlas shrugged. They lied about the level of danger and took away your rights. They made anyone who didn’t agree evil. They took away people’s constitutional right to provide for themselves (pursuit of happiness). They then paid people to not work. So they didn’t. Then ports got backed up. Then containers went through the roof. Then wood became crazy but we can’t import from next door. Now steel is going crazy. It will impact home building. It will impact commercial real estate. It will increase pricing. So then they will need to pay people even more to do nothing. We’ve already spent ww2 money twice and now we need even more. I really though atlas shrugged was far fetched when I read it.

Now...
Wait, wait, wait. The ports got backed up because they weren't designed for this level of activity, and there aren't enough of them on the western coast. And took away people's constitutional right to provide for themselves? When?

So one university has a place where students can relax and the whole generation is soft?

Implying it's one university is you being dishonest.

Across generations, the examples vary and are numbered so that's why you don't see a list.

The soft period is 100% real and not specific to just millennials and younger. I used to share some similar thoughts, when I was 18, as the current young adults have. Millennials arent an all seeing group that the generations prior to them can't relate to. They grow. The younger ones will grow too.

All you gotta do is look at the state of comedy. It doesn't push the envelope anymore. Dave Chappelle commented on it with Joe Rogan.

So one university has a place where students can relax and the whole generation is soft?
No, a lot of your generation is soft for the following reasons. Outside of your self and you mamma, no one in this world gives 2 $hits about your feelings. Time for all of you to learn that. Business are not in business to provide you a “living wage”. They are in business to make money. If you don’t like your current wage, increase your skill set and find a better job. The rich are not evil. Those that are rich are lucky enough to inherit it or have worked all their lives to create something for themselves. You have the same opportunities but the outcome vary by skills, work ethic, and luck of timing. Politics is not a sport, stop treating it that way. Student loans are debt that you chose to take on. Pay it back. Learn the difference between needs and wants. If you can’t be happy with just your basic needs fulfilled, then you will never be happy no matter how may of you “wants” you get in life. Stopping asking others to make your life easier. That is your job. If you disagree with someone, that is normal. Not everyone has to like the same things or think the same way. Learn to disagree with less vitriol.

Last edited:
No, a lot of your generation is soft for the following reasons. Outside of your self and you mamma, no one in this world gives 2 $hits about your feelings. Time for all of you to learn that. Business are not in business to provide you a “living wage”. They are in business to make money. If you don’t like your current wage, increase your skill set and find a better job. The rich are not evil. Those that are rich are lucky enough to inherit it or have worked all their lives to create something for themselves. You have the same opportunities but the outcome vary by skills, work ethic, and luck of timing. Politics is not a sport, stop treating it that way. Student loans are debt that you chose to take on. Pay it back. Learn the difference between needs and wants. If you can’t be happy with just your basic needs fulfilled, then you will never be happy no matter how may of you “wants” you get in life. Stopping asking others do make you life easier. That is your job. If you disagree with someone, that is normal. Not everyone has to like the same thinks or think the same way. Learn to disagree with less vitriol.
825 be like A463EC20-1022-40AE-AE9F-08B54E4147D2.gif

yes, im implying that. im one of the most introverted people I know. the idea of being around groups of people at times makes me want to walk in opposing direction. but there is no substitute for face to face human interaction, its what we were meant for.

😂 how… would you know that.

Implying it's one university is you being dishonest.

Across generations, the examples vary and are numbered so that's why you don't see a list.

The soft period is 100% real and not specific to just millennials and younger. I used to share some similar thoughts, when I was 18, as the current young adults have. Millennials arent an all seeing group that the generations prior to them can't relate to. They grow. The younger ones will grow too.

All you gotta do is look at the state of comedy. It doesn't push the envelope anymore. Dave Chappelle commented on it with Joe Rogan.

Dishonest? That's pretty harsh. I had no idea about this epidemic of crying chambers all over the nation. Maybe if he had called them what they are, I could have done some more digging to figure it out.

And comedy can push all of the buttons it wants to, used to, and more. There's just consequences. Maybe Dave and Joe just don't have the balls to give a **** anymore. Or maybe it's just easier to be on the edge when you're a young comedian without sponsorship and people that you have to represent to earn a check. I mean, Dave didn't hold anything back for that Netflix special.

I need specifics, not turns of phrase and platitudes. What makes these younger generations soft? How are they "screwing it all up"? Most of all, how can you say that politicians aren't giving them what they need by listening to them in this post, implying that someone other than the constituency knows what's best for the constituency, when earlier you just said that gubment doesn't know best. So who are these people that know best?

My kids want dessert every night. They ask and they whine and they complain when they don't get it. If I gave them what they wanted so they would "like" me (like the politicians are prone to do) then their would likely be consequences down the road. Their health might suffer, they would enter adulthood thinking that they can get what they want if they bisch and moan loudly, and they would not learn the valuable lesson of delayed gratification. When parents and authority figures allow the younger generations to behave in this manner and reward them by giving them what they want alllllll the time then our society forgets how to earn things and just wants them handed to them. Hence the push for free healthcare for all, free college tuition, student load forgiveness, universal income, "affordable" housing, government created jobs, and the list goes on and on and on......

You go in individually to cry...... the more things get easier.... the softer people become....

So if college student A becomes overwhelmed and they visit the "crying chamber", do the people there just let them cry their widdle hearts out until they dehydrate?

What happens most likely is that someone is overwhelmed(which happens to literally everyone at some point) they go into the Mindfulness Center and meet with a professional who can help them deal with that stress and anxiety so that they can learn to function in the face of it instead of wilting every time stress enters their life or worse, they just become numb to stress and all of a sudden they're 35 and instead of processing that anxiety and stress and finding solutions to fix it, they drown in alcohol or drugs, or a computer screen.

That sounds like to opposite of softness, but hey man, you do you.

Yeah, but I don't get why it's a negative thing if a company doesn't ask its workers to come back, or even if an office worker thinks it's stupid. That's not entitlement. If I can do the job effectively anywhere, why would I want to choose the least efficient means of doing it?

FTR if I was an office worker, I would probably want to work in the office.

I don't think it is a negative. I think lots of companies will go to more remote work. Especially when they realize it broadens their talent pool to fish in. If my company would go for it I would keep working from home full time.... but I would have to make alterations to my house to truly create an office. Working from the kitchen table for a year has reached its limits. I have expressed my desire to continue remote work. Boss says come back to work, so off I go without complaining or whining.

Dishonest? That's pretty harsh. I had no idea about this epidemic of crying chambers all over the nation. Maybe if he had called them what they are, I could have done some more digging to figure it out.
In other words, you knew what he was talking about yet decided to take the an absolute literal approach for a perceived gotcha moment that happened to fail.

So.. Dishonest and not harsh. Thanks for confirming.
And comedy can push all of the buttons it wants to, used to, and more. There's just consequences. Maybe Dave and Joe just don't have the balls to give a **** anymore. Or maybe it's just easier to be on the edge when you're a young comedian without sponsorship and people that you have to represent to earn a check. I mean, Dave didn't hold anything back for that Netflix special.
Chappelle didn't used to have worry about sponsorships being pulled from his show because comedy was just considered comedy and something audiences understood as light hearted.

In regards to all of this, I was once there man. I'm 33. Not some boomer. I get it. It's OK for a significant portion of the generation to share flaws. We all have them. The folly is when you try to fight every bit of criticism

Yeah, but I don't understand why you NEED the office space for that. If you needed to have a simple meeting you could meet at a park, or a library. I'm not an office worker, so maybe there's reasons why.

Yeah. Meeting at the park or library for a business meeting probably isn't the best idea, but I get what you are saying.

I don't think it is a negative. I think lots of companies will go to more remote work. Especially when they realize it broadens their talent pool to fish in. If my company would go for it I would keep working from home full time.... but I would have to make alterations to my house to truly create an office. Working from the kitchen table for a year has reached its limits. I have expressed my desire to continue remote work. Boss says come back to work, so off I go without complaining or whining.
I've been pitching one of our departments to be fully remote and not even regional. They finally did it because the numbers came back. Some duties need to be in an office setting though.

Reactions: Ryno14 and Glitch

Now...

That book is prophetic and it is unfolding in front of our eyes.

Yeah, but I don't understand why you NEED the office space for that. If you needed to have a simple meeting you could meet at a park, or a library. I'm not an office worker, so maybe there's reasons why.
Works for some jobs but not for others. Hell, I've met at a damn burger King because that's all there is in Hazlehurst GA.

My kids want dessert every night. They ask and they whine and they complain when they don't get it. If I gave them what they wanted so they would "like" me (like the politicians are prone to do) then their would likely be consequences down the road. Their health might suffer, they would enter adulthood thinking that they can get what they want if they bisch and moan loudly, and they would not learn the valuable lesson of delayed gratification. When parents and authority figures allow the younger generations to behave in this manner and reward them by giving them what they want alllllll the time then our society forgets how to earn things and just wants them handed to them. Hence the push for free healthcare for all, free college tuition, student load forgiveness, universal income, "affordable" housing, government created jobs, and the list goes on and on and on......

Except these things aren't dessert. And no one advocating for them believes that they're free. We pay taxes, and we want our taxes to pay for healthcare, education, housing, instead of propping up puppet governments, arming autocrats and bombing children. What the US is doing is feeding it's "children" scraps, while they watch their "classmates"(the rest of the developed world) eat their basics. Meanwhile we have the biggest, most stuffed pantry in the world.

Reactions: bparker
Wait, wait, wait. The ports got backed up because they weren't designed for this level of activity, and there aren't enough of them on the western coast. And took away people's constitutional right to provide for themselves? When?

The ports got backed up because we turned off the economy and then turned it back on full blast without thinking about how much inventory had been burned down and how much would be needed to replenish. When companies can't get what they need quick enough they start ordering more ahead of time so they don't run out. Then shipping picks up and we get situations where we have so much inventory that needs to get pushed inland but they don't have enough port workers, truck drivers, railroad capacity etc. I see it every day in the company I work for. We are getting orders through the roof, but we can't get parts so our backlog grows and grows. You can't turn off the entire world's economy and then turn it back on without issues. Never should have shut down in the first place, but politics.

Except these things aren't dessert. And no one advocating for them believes that they're free. We pay taxes, and we want our taxes to pay for healthcare, education, housing, instead of propping up puppet governments, arming autocrats and bombing children. What the US is doing is feeding it's "children" scraps, while they watch their "classmates"(the rest of the developed world) eat their basics. Meanwhile we have the biggest, most stuffed pantry in the world.

That is not what the federal government is meant to do. May I ask how old you are? You seem like early 20's maybe.

Now...
Who is John Galt?

Reactions: StoVol and bignewt
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back