Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive fished in lakes where it's illegal to keep a fish. You simply puncture its air bladder, or, take a knife and cut artery behind its gills.

Carp can be considered an invasive species, but, some people prize them bc of their superior eye sight. Ergo are a game fish. They're bottom feeders, that will come up to eat from time to time. I would argue they help keep lake clean.

Asian carp, are the ones that jump and injure people. Electrocution is one method employed by Game and Fish to remove them.

No animal deserves to be thrown against a rock though. Just my take.

In all honesty our LB position isnt in that dire of position. Right now we have Jeremy Banks, Solon Page, possibly return Aaron Beasley, Morven Joseph and Roman Harrison are versatile and could slide inside, Garland. Just add Juwan Mitchell and we should be fine

say we do add Mitchell our depth chart would likely be:
1st team: Jeremy Banks and Juwan Mitchell
2nd team: Aaron Beasley and Solon Page
3rd team: Kuwaze Garland and Shuler
Plug in Morven Joseph and/or Roman Harrison

I am assuming Beasley will be back for fall camp, I think if he were to be dismissed he would’ve been by now

I agree with you.

I would say as someone who has coached many years at this point (not football), I think if your practice performers and your GameDay performers are two entirely different groups of people, your practices suck. The point of practice is to prepare for games, and that's a pretty good sign you aren't doing that well enough.
This is an excellent point.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
In all honesty our LB position isnt in that dire of position. Right now we have Jeremy Banks, Solon Page, possibly return Aaron Beasley, Morven Joseph and Roman Harrison are versatile and could slide inside, Garland. Just add Juwan Mitchell and we should be fine

I am assuming Beasley will be back for fall camp, I think if he were to be dismissed he would’ve been by now

French and Eason no longer on the team?

Reactions: barrylee

I very well could be wrong, but I really think this staff will flip a few in-state kids.

Fce4u8XXlGbS.gif

Ive fished in lakes where it's illegal to keep a fish. You simply puncture its air bladder, or, take a knife and cut artery behind its gills.

Carp can be considered an invasive species, but, some people prize them bc of their superior eye sight. Ergo are a game fish. They're bottom feeders, that will come up to eat from time to time. I would argue they help keep lake clean.

Asian carp, are the ones that jump and injure people. Electrocution is one method employed by Game and Fish to remove them.

I don't disagree. Puncturing or cutting it seems pretty harsh too.. Idk.
They also are important to the ecosystem. It is a crap thing to do.
I've always heard the opposite but I'm not one to kill another animal if I'm not going to eat it (I don't like fish or seafood) so I usually just sit and drink rather than actually fish.

Hubbs on the podcast questioned Middletons future with the team and said he wasn’t at the spring game then said that’s one of the reasons they would like to hit the portal for a DL.
I wonder what happened there? He seemed like he was all in there for a while when a lot of the other guys were hitting the portal.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
I don't disagree. Puncturing or cutting it seems pretty harsh too.. Idk.

I've always heard the opposite but I'm not one to kill another animal if I'm not going to eat it (I don't like fish or seafood) so I usually just sit and drink rather than actually fish.
Sitting and drinking is definitely the way to go.

A lot of theory going on about practice value in determining who starts/plays. Good stuff. TL;dr below. It's just how I see it now.

JMO from observations and playing a different sport (baseball) in college. As you gain talent on a roster you have more reliance on practice as your guide to starting/playing significant snaps. When you have less like today, you depend on finding the gamers. Some gamers emerge by default because the practices are boring or not challenging mentally and/or physically. That speaks to coaches not doing practices correctly as TT posted. Sometimes the practice-well players disappoint on game day (#2). If you run a regimented system like Cornbread without a strongly talented roster, you lose player spontaneity and it turns into drudgery. We saw even the more talented basically quit in games because they knew it was all pointless. They did not have fun and apparently were not rewarded for making instinctive plays, only disciplined ones within the system.

Heup runs an O system that requires decision making on the fly by the skill players, who then go do what players do instinctively within the scope of the scheme. That tends to be more fun. The D system is set up in a similar fashion just more disciplined - strong pass rush and get turnovers. That is also more fun for that side of the ball. It's all kind of like how college basketball has emerged with Pearl and Oats in the SEC. 3's and at the basket with a lot of transition on O. Their D's go for steals and rebounds while defending the 3 point line. Play fast and play loose.

Until the talent on the roster is better and there are more of them, CJH will probably use gamers as they emerge. He's working with a roster full of Cornbread's guys he is trying to rebuild. So, what has been the best indicator of gamers so far? Performance in scrimmages and the O/W game. As a result I disagree that the spring game had little value. It gave the staff a clear indication as they go into fall camp of the players that respond well when the lights go on and who need more work or to move on from since it all has been a roster talent audition. After fall camp and the season starts, more will emerge or disappear. The staff will continue to work on the gamers as necessary to help them see that effort in practice is infectious and improves the team overall. The difference is the system is more instinctive and fun. Which helps to change the team's attitude from losers to winners.

It's not either/or. It's both from different directions at different times. That's why I am loving CJH's approach so far.

1619529537794.gif

I'm not sure how anyone could read those names and not think the situation is dire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back