Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
2021 Football Transfer Portal

That number is inflated with walk ons and 4th/5th year seniors. Let's be honest most guys are ready to move on after their fourth year in a program. In a normal year they would have used their eligibility anyway.

Walk ons
Kasim Hill
Isaiah Montgomery
Jarious Abercrombie
Ethan Rinke
Sayeed Shah
Nyles Gaddy
Joe Doyle

2020 5th Year Seniors
JG
Brandon Johnson
Jahmir Johnson
Jordan Allen
Baylen Buchanan

2020 Seniors
Ty Chandler
Deandre Johnson
Brent Cimaglia
Savion Williams

Also includes Kivon Bennett who got kicked off the team.

This leaves 8 players remaining in the portal:
JT Shrout
Eric Gray
Jackson Lowe
Wanya Morris
Henry T
Crouch
JJ Peterson
Key Lawrence

Lowe transferred to an FCS school and who knows where Peterson ends up. I fully anticipate seeing more transfers after spring practice and I don't think that will cripple the program.

Thanks for this. I was wondering who some of the 25 were as I could only think of a handful. Given the transfers and the low #s in our recruiting class (after the people begging out) it would be nice if some of the seniors stayed on for an extra year. I suspect some of them won't transfer out and are just exploring their options.

There needs to be an appeal process you can file with the NCAA to be able to sign over the 25 scholarship limit for teams in situations like Tennessee.
Hey yeah NCAA I know we were just caught paying players to come here and will probably receive sanctions, reduced scholarships and a bowl ban but can we change the rules this one time to help ourselves out?

Pretty please?

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
No one asking the real question...

why this guy have his phone out recording in a bathroom?

tenor.gif

2021 Football Transfer Portal

That number is inflated with walk ons and 4th/5th year seniors. Let's be honest most guys are ready to move on after their fourth year in a program. In a normal year they would have used their eligibility anyway.

Walk ons
Kasim Hill
Isaiah Montgomery
Jarious Abercrombie
Ethan Rinke
Sayeed Shah
Nyles Gaddy
Joe Doyle

2020 5th Year Seniors
JG
Brandon Johnson
Jahmir Johnson
Jordan Allen
Baylen Buchanan

2020 Seniors
Ty Chandler
Deandre Johnson
Brent Cimaglia
Savion Williams

Also includes Kivon Bennett who got kicked off the team.

This leaves 8 players remaining in the portal:
JT Shrout
Eric Gray
Jackson Lowe
Wanya Morris
Henry T
Crouch
JJ Peterson
Key Lawrence

Lowe transferred to an FCS school and who knows where Peterson ends up. I fully anticipate seeing more transfers after spring practice and I don't think that will cripple the program.

How could Bennett count. Can he transfer from a team he's not on?

To the point of hitting another person and possibly facing charges or getting injured? None of that is worth some random person's words. They have already proven themselves to be a joke. Those people aren't worth the waste of breath. Caring what a rando says is just one's ego. Reason above ego. Or for religious folks - wwjd? Jmo
Ego and self-respect are two totally different things. Everyone has to have an honest dialouge with their own conscience to decide which one it is they are fighting to preserve.

People who allow themselves to be bullied will lose all self-respect for themselves eventually. Regardless of any attempt to rationalize why they didn't stand up for themselves.

Your argument can be extended to any number of situations. A guy pushes you. A guy threatens you. A guy threatens your kids. A guy destroys your property.

None of those things are worth your life so you shouldn't fight back? Up to you. But as someone who has been bullied before, it's up to you to decide what you have to do to be able to look at yourself in the mirror, and sometimes self-preservation at all costs isn't going to accomplish that.

Just about any wrestler has a major advantage in a fight, especially in tight quarters like that, and always when they wrestled in college and have that degree of skill on the mat. If we can just get our hands on you without being pummeled first, you're pretty much F'd... especially if you've never wrestled before...

With that being said, I guess I'm just too old, but I think it's ridiculous how kids fight today... way too much overkill and unnecessary violence that truly hurts someone... there's no need to try and inflict that much hurt/pain/damage, especially when you have already gotten the upper hand on your opponent...99% of the time it is two people settling an issue, not fighting for your life, which is what level most try and take it to... why do kids continue to punch and kick when the other guy is down, hurt, not fighting back, or worse, out cold? In my day if you had to throw hands/scrap, then you did it until someone went down and then it was over. Seems like people now are just trying to truly hurt/damage the other person and that's when laws are broken, arrests are made, and suing ensues, which it should.

I agree, when the blades come out and I start dicing, I let a fella rest when he hits the ground. No need to flex

Depends on the severity with wife and kids. They haven't done anything. Leave them alone or deal with me.

Say whatever you want to me.

Let me think that you are endangering my family or putting your hands on any of us and its time for me to do my duty as a father and husband.

I feel that is all reasonable and completely within the boundaries of what is expected in a polite Western society.

Add to that hurt my pets (kinda covered by family)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back