Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
The offensive staff seems like this quiet, young, innovative, tenderfooted staff that we assembled from Apple and Google...

Aaaaand the defensive staff was assembled at a biker bar.

One vibe I get from all are they are good dudes the kids will probably enjoy playing for and play fast and relaxed. Guys people enjoy being around. Pruitts staff just seemed like a bunch of azzholes thst thought they were too good for you

I love that his staff believes in him and the system enough to follow him...hope it translates to quick implementation.

I like the vibe they put off as they all get along and that numerous assistants said that coach hype was always open to suggestions! But in reality none of it will matter if they can't get the players to buy in and put forth the effort to learn the new system.

Reactions: OrangenSC and bpvol
WM Era is overshadowed by like 2 deep balls against the Gators. Neither of which had anything to do with coaching and everything to do with players messing up.

In 2013 we were 36th in completion percentage allowed, 28th in passing yards allowed, and 33rd in INTs per game
In 2014 we were 15th in completion percentage allowed, 22nd in passing yards allowed, and 25th in INTs per game
In 2015 we were 9th in completion percentage allowed, 49th in passing yards allowed, and 67th in INTs per game
In 2016 we were 33rd in completion percentage allowed, 72nd in passing yards allowed, and 70th in INTs per game

2016 was Shoop's first season here as the DC too, part of the reason numbers dropped I'd say was new play calling.

WM Era is overshadowed by like 2 deep balls against the Gators. Neither of which had anything to do with coaching and everything to do with players messing up.

In 2013 we were 36th in completion percentage allowed, 28th in passing yards allowed, and 33rd in INTs per game
In 2014 we were 15th in completion percentage allowed, 22nd in passing yards allowed, and 25th in INTs per game
In 2015 we were 9th in completion percentage allowed, 49th in passing yards allowed, and 67th in INTs per game
In 2016 we were 33rd in completion percentage allowed, 72nd in passing yards allowed, and 70th in INTs per game

2016 was Shoop's first season here as the DC too, part of the reason numbers dropped I'd say was new play calling.
Thank you for this. I was trying to find some stats, but got caught up.

Now do 2017-2020...

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX

He changed the trajectory of Justin Coleman’s career moving him to nickel. Coleman then goes on to be highest paid Nickel in NFl when he signed a deal a yr or two ago. Cam Sutton praised Willie M in his draft interviews as being critical to his development. Dolphins coaches raved about Richie Grants development at Senior Bowl and Flores specifically pointed him out as most impressive player he coached.

I do recall frustrations of the 50/50 balls not getting head around but I also recall typically having really good coverage

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back