Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just think Salter is to raw coming out of HS. He has a lot he needs to work on, he will be an awesome QB for us though in a year or two.
I’m on record that he’d need a redshirt season but that was more based on Chaney’s offense. I could see him getting schooled into form much quicker under Heupel. It rewards pure throwing and quick recognition in a less complicated offense that just has more options and facets. That’s closer to his relatively basic Cedar Hill system than what Chaney taught.

Yeah if it was just predicting tree limbs causing downed lines that would be one thing. But not designing that source of the power properly is a decision.
He understood because we live in the same city. Electricity goes off all the time with thunderstorms because there are trees everywhere. So really our source of power needs an update. The decision has not been made because the cost will go up drastically. Understand what you are saying.

I’m on record that he’d need a redshirt season but that was more based on Chaney’s offense. I could see him getting schooled into form much quicker under Heupel. It rewards pure throwing and quick recognition in a less complicated offense that just has more options and facets. That’s closer to his relatively basic Cedar Hill system than what Chaney taught.
That’s a good take. I definitely think our QBs are going to look more “QBish” with the new HC and QB coach taking care of them. Shrout would of done well in this Offense.

😁 I'm going to have to go listen again..that was soooo funny.
Man it is so good. There’s two iterations with C&C, and both of them are great. A couple of my favorite lines:

-after Chuckie tells John that he’s full of sh!t: “You’ll think full of sh!t when I whoop your damn ass about three times.”

-when John is arguing that Chuckie should pay for a new rim, tire and realignment job and Chuckie tells him that “we don’t guarantee your whole f%^*in’ car”, John deadpan replies, “You don’t?”

The two calls to Eddie’s Auto are good, and the one to Thom McAnn is really good.

He understood because we live in the same city. Electricity goes off all the time with thunderstorms because there are trees everywhere. So really our source of power needs an update. The decision has not been made because the cost will go up drastically. Understand what you are saying.
Need to start going underground

Reactions: SweetasSoda
So weird how fans just pick "the next QB" I mean despite how absolutely terrible Chaney was while here and how pathetic last season was nothing Bailey did makes me think he's not "got it"

Selfishly I'd love to RS Bailey/Salter and Hooker be the guy with Maurer as his backup. Just so going into 22 we'd have Bailey/Salter battling it out to be the guy with both having at least 2 years left. Not sure who the guy ends up being, but I think Harrison Bailey suddenly getting passed over is crazy talk.

Last year was a free year for HB. So he has 5 to play 4. Has a chance to be a great college player and this change is exactly what he needed imo

No lol no not that one. Some other person. Said they would post a picture of them licking a dog turd over something lol.... @butchna you remember this bet or what it was about?
It was about 3 walk-ons who received scholarships. He insisted that they would only have them for a semester. We bet $100 that WHILE THEY WERE AT UT they would be on scholarship (me) or would have them yanked (Bruin). Jarious Abercrombie wasn’t involved in the bet but Bruin “lol”’d and claimed victory when he transferred. When Isaiah Montgomery transferred at the start of the season, he pulled the same crap. Montgomery still was on scholarship when he transferred but Bruin couldn’t process the terms of the bet...even when I posted HIS OWN QUOTES. Bet was off and I put him on ignore. Oxygen is cleaner and pure without him filtering it with his butt.

It was about 3 walk-ons who received scholarships. He insisted that they would only have them for a semester. We bet $100 that WHILE THEY WERE AT UT they would be on scholarship (me) or would have them yanked (Bruin). Jarious Abercrombie wasn’t involved in the bet but Bruin “lol”’d and claimed victory when he transferred. When Isaiah Montgomery transferred at the start of the season, he pulled the same crap. Montgomery still was on scholarship when he transferred but Bruin couldn’t process the terms of the bet...even when I posted HIS OWN QUOTES. Bet was off and I put him on ignore. Oxygen is cleaner and pure without him filtering it with his butt.

I remember that bet. But wasn’t there something about like Maurer’s handler having to lick a white dog turd or something if he didn’t start?

I think Bailey locks the starting spot down. Hooker is going to be on the outside looking in.

Calloway, Holliday, Jones, Wideman and Hyatt.... that’s a pretty good start for any QB. Behind that is a lot of empty though.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back