Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
People need to lay off @Atlanta VOL. At the time Franklin seemed like a "good hire" from a W/L point of view. I understand why he would be "over the moon". It would have been a big boy hire considering our circumstances. But this does indeed seem to be what happened (Franklin strung us along and Elliot baled). However, it may be that we ended up in better shape in the long run with CJH than we would have with Franklin. I recall hoping it would be Franklin fearing what we might fall back to if it didn't work out (Sonny Dykes for one), but wasn't totally comfortable if Franklin were the hire. Creepy dude to say the least. I personally am glad where we landed. He wants to be here, fun offense, and even if it takes some time, with the correct DC this could be a great hire.
1 million likes ^

928a1b00-8a76-48e1-a0a7-06b5cfa848a1-gif.622899

When you have programs that didn’t sign a single hs kid this year it isn’t just kids with zero stars that get hurt

I don't know if Texas State's lack of HS recruiting impacted that unranked kid in California. It was a weird year though, and it sucks for the kids who didn't get to play that were needing to impress. If they're smart then they'll find a good JuCo and get the first year or two of classes knocked out at a deep discount or for free and ball out. Chances are if he's good enough to go from zero stars to an offer in a single year at HS, then he'll be able to do it at the JuCo level.

Had he played ball and lost his life to COVID there would be a different story written.

I'm not looking to make this political, but we can't want state rights for one thing, but discourage them for another.

The one where you thought Pruitt would be back and win 8 or 9 games says it all for me personally. Enjoy your afternoon bud.

The timeline made no sense. Never imagined we’d burn our own house down just to save a buy out.

And winning 8-9 games isn’t hard with a non-JG led offense and our soft schedule next year.

Keep outscooping everyone, Jets media guy.

PS - I’d dig in your archives for dumb takes but honestly you have like 50 posts per day. I went back like 20 pages of your posts and was only a week or so ago. Loved the “we should hire Elliott because he’s black” take though. Solid criteria

Did I strike a nerve, buddy?

To recap: You made vague statements earlier this week like you knew who the DC was and we would love it. In a new era when White has info on lock. No one in the media knows anything, but a media guy who works for the Jets knows. Only to then when names started to surface, be like “OMG those are the names I heard! Cats over the moon bag lolol”

And to be clear - I never banged the table for Pruitt to be back. I pointed out how the timeline made no sense, and mocked the endless barrage of insiders posting emojis or, in the case of a few, posting long detailed war and peace diatribes outlining everything that was going on in the AD. Oh, that and @MIT_Beavers claim that Pruitt was going to be fired the Sunday post A&M.

But keep up your schtick. Its entertaining. 😉
"I can't make sense of something so everyone else must be wrong."

I don't know if Texas State's lack of HS recruiting impacted that unranked kid in California. It was a weird year though, and it sucks for the kids who didn't get to play that were needing to impress. If they're smart then they'll find a good JuCo and get the first year or two of classes knocked out at a deep discount or for free and ball out. Chances are if he's good enough to go from zero stars to an offer in a single year at HS, then he'll be able to do it at the JuCo level.

Had he played ball and lost his life to COVID there would be a different story written.

I'm not looking to make this political, but we can't want state rights for one thing, but discourage them for another.

I’m not really evening talking about the politics behind it I’m talking about how the ncaa Fudged it up badly. It’s absolutely the worst time in all sports for hs kids to find a college of any size to go to because the idiots at the ncaa have given an extra year and in some cases 2 extra ones athletes of all sports

Also I just did a little digging, Texas State be doing this often. They took 9 transfers last year, only 5 of their 15 non-transfer recruits were outta HS and of those 5 none of them signed any sort of NLI they just enrolled.

This year they have 10 transfers and 1 JuCo, so they'll likely end up signing the rest of the class with HS guys that enroll after graduation in May (either in Summer term or before Fall classes start).

Body aches and extreme exhaustion. What causes that? No fever, no trouble breathing, none of the other things I hear associated with COVID.
My Covid experience started with Fever (5 days) and complete fatigue. First 2 days before I got tested, I could not get out of bed and my fever was 102-103.5 levels. This lasted about a week. Fatigue lasted much longer and I still have days were I can extra tired even 2 months later.

I’m not really evening talking about the politics behind it I’m talking about how the ncaa Fudged it up badly. It’s absolutely the worst time in all sports for hs kids to find a college of any size to go to because the idiots at the ncaa have given an extra year and in some cases 2 extra ones athletes of all sports

Of that I agree 100%.

Reactions: Hardy and BruinVol
That one is a double whammy.
I didn’t even read LA post lol but my god. Apologies to LA.

Hole in the head is a clown. Anyone who follows this thread knows that idc to be right or wrong. I just share stuff that i hear. Sometimes wrong sometimes right. I really don’t care Bc it’s all stuff that’s interesting to talk about and revolves around the one thing we all have in common: loving Tennessee Football. Dude does nothing but attack posters for sharing stuff they think is interesting Bc he/she brings nothing else.

I work for an nfl. The two names that i heard are current NFL names. Well kinda current Bc Ash just got hired but still. Will they end up being the DC idk but my original point was if either two of those guys got it, they would do great. I still think it lines up for a NfL guy being the DC especially one that’s currently coaching and presumably bringing his own staff to coach defense since clearly JH isn’t interviewing or hiring any lone defensive position coaches.

The timeline made no sense. Never imagined we’d burn our own house down just to save a buy out.

And winning 8-9 games isn’t hard with a non-JG led offense and our soft schedule next year.

Keep outscooping everyone, Jets media guy.

PS - I’d dig in your archives for dumb takes but honestly you have like 50 posts per day. I went back like 20 pages of your posts and was only a week or so ago. Loved the “we should hire Elliott because he’s black” take though. Solid criteria
😂😂😂 keep listening to Morgan wallen. Maybe one day clay Travis will tweet back at you. I know he’s your hero.

I didn’t even read LA post lol but my god. Apologies to LA.

Hole in the head is a clown. Anyone who follows this thread knows that idc to be right or wrong. I just share stuff that i hear. Sometimes wrong sometimes right. I really don’t care Bc it’s all stuff that’s interesting to talk about and revolves around the one thing we all have in common: loving Tennessee Football. Dude does nothing but attack posters for sharing stuff they think is interesting Bc he/she brings nothing else.

I work for an nfl. The two names that i heard are current NFL names. Well kinda current Bc Ash just got hired but still. Will they end up being the DC idk but my original point was if either two of those guys got it, they would do great. I still think it lines up for a NfL guy being the DC especially one that’s currently coaching and presumably bringing his own staff to coach defense since clearly JH isn’t interviewing or hiring any lone defensive position coaches.
Right - we're all shooting the **** here and having fun. Some of us get a little info here and there, doesn't mean we're Walter Cronkite.

He made a bet that Pruitt would be back because he wanted the e-cred on the other side of it. For what he supposedly hates "fake insiders looking for e-cred", he's doing the same thing.

Wow. Now you're talking about my neck of the woods growing up. Lol. Never thought I'd read about Oteen on the internet.
was talking to a buddy who lives in Asheville, today. Got me to reminiscing.... Is East Village Grille still open? 😍 The best wings ive ever had, period.

Also I just did a little digging, Texas State be doing this often. They took 9 transfers last year, only 5 of their 15 non-transfer recruits were outta HS and of those 5 none of them signed any sort of NLI they just enrolled.

This year they have 10 transfers and 1 JuCo, so they'll likely end up signing the rest of the class with HS guys that enroll after graduation in May (either in Summer term or before Fall classes start).

I took a quick look at Mtsu and last year they signed 19 high school kids and 9 this year

it’s that level recruit that is getting hammered with all this dynamic

Isn’t what happened. You tried to play like you knew who it was and we’d love it.

You shared zero info.

Posters asked you for a name but you provided nothing but .gifs for attention.

When an outlet mentioned Chris Ash, you chimed in that that was one of the people you heard.

Then when House was named you were like “oh I also heard that name.”

Had you named names, I wouldn’t be busting your balls. But what you did was attention whore.

Reactions: So.ProVOL
Did I strike a nerve, buddy?

To recap: You made vague statements earlier this week like you knew who the DC was and we would love it. In a new era when White has info on lock. No one in the media knows anything, but a media guy who works for the Jets knows. Only to then when names started to surface, be like “OMG those are the names I heard! Cats over the moon bag lolol”

And to be clear - I never banged the table for Pruitt to be back. I pointed out how the timeline made no sense, and mocked the endless barrage of insiders posting emojis or, in the case of a few, posting long detailed war and peace diatribes outlining everything that was going on in the AD. Oh, that and @MIT_Beavers claim that Pruitt was going to be fired the Sunday post A&M.

But keep up your schtick. Its entertaining. 😉
By how defensive you are getting, it seems he struck a nerve on you, not the other way around.

Ramon Foster on 104.5 this morning was talking about this kid and said that OL coming out of HS at 275 lbs. is a perfect weight. They don't have bad weight on them and if they have the frame on them, as he does, you can get the right weight the first time.

He's right too, I'd be weary of bringing in any OL/DL prospects already over 300lbs if I was a coach unless I met the kid face to face to see how they carry the weight.

RJ Perry for example doesn't appear to have bad weight (or didn't coming outta HS) but a guy like Darnell Wright...with how he showed up before his freshmen year and then how he showed up this year after the COVID break, he seems to need a lot of attention in that area.

I’m just glad you’re taking a break from naming obscure and otherwise terrible coaching candidates.

That must’ve been exhausting for you.

Hai guys wb Jeff Brohm?? Will Healey anyone? Guys?
Also, while we're on the subject, the final three for our job was Sonny Dykes, Tony Elliott and Josh Heupel.

For as bad as my hypothetical lists were, I never thought we'd get that low.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back