Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fulmer interviewed Debord for OC in 2008 and hired Clawson instead. The last 15 years of UT football could have been much different if he had hired Debord instead.
I appreciate your optimism, but Fulmer may have done to Debord what he did to Clawson and prevent him from running what he wanted.

To you or I, yes, it's ridiculous. But I have no idea how this kid thinks, which ties into his maturity level, IMO, so I think it completely possible he believed the reverse. That since he hadn't been contacted, that meant he still had a spot. It's very possible he was under the impression that if he didn't have a spot, they would contact him. Which they eventually did, just with horrible timing, IMO.
That is a ridiculous statement and you know it. No one thinks that way.

I played for Coalfield during this time and remember there being a rumor that South Pitt self reported so they wouldn't have to play the game.
Yeah. That's what we were told. I fully believed we would have destroyed them that year. They had embarrassed us pretty badly previous years in the playoffs. We were out for revenge. Ha!

The rumor was they had already told our opponent who was in their region and they had been practicing for us all week and we didn't find out until two nights before the game.

Of course this was rumors. No idea if true.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
VQ podcast notes.

They have no clue on the defensive hires. AP threw a theory out about Charles Kelley from Alabama. (I don't think there is anything to it, but I do think that it may be possible that UT is hiring a sitting DC who is going to wait until the prospects sign tomorrow before moving.)

Believes that Heupel swings with everything he's got at Ty Simpson, but calls Sam Horn either way and starts establishing a relationship there. AP noted David Johnson keeping the Memphis 3 as a possibility even when Pruitt wasn't actively pursuing them early on.

What self-imposed penalties will UT apply? Possible limited on unofficial visits when visits are allowed again or fewer coaches allowed out on the road.

The only way Henry T is back is if he shows up for spring football. He's doing all classes virtually now. Oregon, Bama, Georgia, and Texas were all mentioned as possibilities.

Discussed the Tee Martin scenario and Hubbs questions about the timing of the supposed offers to Martin and if the Chancellor knew or did not know. Martin firmly believes he was getting extended/opportunity. Price believes the problem lies with public perception. Price also believes that Tee Martin will likely be the head coach of Tennessee State within the next year. UT is trying to land the plane as softly as possible. Surely a resolution comes sooner rather than later. 24-48 hours it should be done. This could be what's affecting the staff hire/announcements.

Was the basketball team's performance on Saturday a blip, or a indicator of what is to come? Wait and see. Olivier and his playing time moving forward is in his hands.
So HT is taking Oline classes at UT while still on scholarship and being recruited by other schools? But he would still be considered part of the Tennessee team if he decides to show up for spring practice? Am I understanding that correctly?

That is a ridiculous statement and you know it. No one thinks that way.
BS. People think many different ways, often based on maturity. We are not a hive-minded society. If all people think alike, why o we have both saints and serial killers? Yes, I'm purposely using extremes to illustrate my point. The fallacy is in believing others must think like us.

So HT is taking Oline classes at UT while still on scholarship and being recruited by other schools? But he would still be considered part of the Tennessee team if he decides to show up for spring practice? Am I understanding that correctly?
Yea I read that earlier.. his teammates are lifting weights but he’s getting recruited by other schools ?? Sounds like a real winner

If we release Brooks and Brown from their NLIs, and Brooks signs with Auburn, it's possible they pass us in the recruiting rankings with just a couple of more signings. That would hurt, my ego at least.

We would get those initial spots back if they are released tho, right?

Reactions: beneVOLence
If we release Brooks and Brown from their NLIs, and Brooks signs with Auburn, it's possible they pass us in the recruiting rankings with just a couple of more signings. That would hurt, my ego at least.

We would get those initial spots back if they are released tho, right?
Callahan believes so, last he said.

My team lost a State Championship game to you guys in 2007/2008 😔 - but y’all’s speed was just way to fast for the other secondary guys, we only had about 2 guys on defense who could keep up with your WRs then.... myself (DB) and a safety.
My Pirates have won many and lost many too. Did you see the video of the team that beat us in the state championship this year? Total class how that game ended.

Yea I read that earlier.. his teammates are lifting weights but he’s getting recruited by other schools ?? Sounds like a real winner
His teammates are lifting weights, just not in Knoxville. I also guarantee HT is lifting weights also and his new teammates won't care he wasn't with them in the winter.

Reactions: UT4LIFE86
It’s like a tenant who’s not paying rent.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
BS. People think many different ways, often based on maturity. We are not a hive-minded society. If all people think alike, why o we have both saints and serial killers? Yes, I'm purposely using extremes to illustrate my point. The fallacy is in believing others must think like us.
At some point common ground has to be found here or in life, or everything goes off the rails. An old preacher I grew up listening to said one time "What if everybody was like you, would there be construction goin on, or destruction?"

As a Vol I forget sometimes when I get really depressed or angry..or both, which is understandable considering the last decade+, but I think it is in our best interest as Vol fans to help build things up, not tear them down.

Lord knows we get enough criticism from everybody else, we really need to stop being so quick to tear into this stuff ourselves. Call it "orange colored glasses" if you want, but I am a Vol...I'm supposed to look at things through an orange filter.

Just a few thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back