Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dykes couldn’t recruit any of these players. I’m rolling with Tony.

What proof is there that Elliott would recruit a level of player any better than we have now. I think he would do ok but we aren’t going to start beating Alabama for kids they want all the sudden. We have to have someone that can win with lesser talent.

Again not a fan of Dykes but it’s not like he would recruit Sun Belt level players. If SMU and Tennessee would have played this year, do you feel that confident we would have won? I think SMU would have been favored. Could Elliott take an American conference team and beat us? Maybe but no one has any clue. That’s the whole point

There still is one white whale out there...and right now you know he’s questioning himself. He knows he still has the urge to coach, but was the right move to dive right back into the NFL? Maybe he’s thinking about coming home to his East TN property. I think you all know who I’m talking about...the white whale of all white whales. DW needs to at least pick up the phone and make the call.
Let's ride:

Raiders HC Jon Gruden on the hot seat entering 2021

IMO worst case scenario so far is that we’ve offered Franklin and he said no....he’s the only one that a raise/additional compensation has even been mentioned.

Fleck just said he was staying, but there was no raise. If we had actually offered there is no agent worth a damn who would let that go without a promise of something to come back.

Beyond that, we’ve heard nothing.

I can connect the dots just like AP tried to.

I know that this is an ask but everyone needs to calm the f down & let’s not freak out every time some nerd comes out & names 2-3 supposedly vetted names no way in hell dykes is a real candidate

Reactions: UTopia and BisonVol
Everyone needs to calm down and let it play out. We didn't throw almost 2 mil at the #4 AD in the country to end up with a crappy coach. I want a hire and am anxious as well. We are used to leaks from the media in Knoxville or someone in the know. I feel a little relieved that nothing is getting out for once.

Reactions: TennacJed
He was over the moon that Pruitt and Fulmer were gone and TN was willing to pay money for a good coach. Had nothing to do with a specific coach

I love how everyone twist his words to protect him. He was over the moon over the new AD and Coach. There wasn’t some super secret code. If the coach backed out like a recruit does then he backed outZ it happens. Hell Franklin used to use posts from this board to negative recruit us. If he was the whale then I can bet he saw the people on this board calling him a rapist lover. Maybe that type of stuff is what killed any deal if he was the whale.

Reactions: BruinVol
Concerning a good HC....
ak55JOj.gif

VQ is melting down...More from AP...

“Look I continue to think there is someone else out there. This guy just isn’t this obvious imo. Has to pull rabbit even if it’s not a whale.”

“Guys here is where I’m at. I’m not sure I will believe it even if Dykes steps to the podium. I’ll be looking for Scooby, Shaggy, Fred, Velma and Daphne to show up and pull a mask off. 🤪

If DW gets desperate, he’ll hire Leipold, who won’t excite anyone but is an excellent coach.

I agree. Thing is.. he isn’t a desperation hire. With the names being thrown out now he actually makes the most sense. How do Sonny Dykes and TE get considered but Lance Leipold (whose won everywhere he’s been) get no mention? Baffling to say the least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back