Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly got to believe Dykes is a leak to make us feel okay about Elliot being an underwhelming hire. Id 100% take a flier on the coach from Buffalo, Toledo or my old high school before Dykes.

Ok, well tell everyone how (other than being a coordinator) is he anything like Pruitt??

- Elliot has been at one place versus 3 mercenary stops.
- Elliot is seemingly respected by his peers at Clemson....Georgia, FSU and even some Bama people can’t stand Pruitt.
Pruitt was loved at Bama and was successful at everyone of his stops. Elliott has had the benefit of Watson and Lawrence. Not sold. Sorry

You do not hire a $1.8M AD to hire Dykes, Healy or some coordinator.

White is 6 for 6 is coaching searches. I believe he's already got his guy, just finalizing the details and wrapping everything up. He's not Currie and trying to get the media to fluff up a horrible hire.

He also wasn't having to hire for a dumpster fire program with looming NCAA issues.

So we wanted this....

81MyKzaVfrL._SX425_.jpg

And ended up with this....

Feels like if that’s the case we’re not getting any ‘sunny’ to go along with it.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
Maybe even a Brinks truck isn’t enough to get coaches to come here but Sonny Dykes is willing to go down in flames to make several million and then retire.

I think he underestimated how little people think of this job. You can be the best AD in the world, but if no one wants your job, no one wants your job.

If Kiffin and Freeze are "begging" for the job (I don't believe it) it can't be that bad.

The investigation hurts, no doubt, but to think this job isn't appealing is absurd.

Reactions: TN-POSSUM
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back