Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Chadwell in a few more years will be really good. Just a bit inexperienced for a huge job like UT
I would be excited at some point, and I'm honestly not sure if he is too inexperienced or not for the job. I think he is a hell of a football coach.....I just don't think we can take that risk right now.

PJ Fleck and his "Row the Boat" gimmick?

Fleck.0.gif

giphy.gif

ShallowInsidiousJaguarundi-small.gif

Patterson isn't worth 8 mil a year

Few coaches are, but his name would be on my list if they really got 40m over 5 years to spend (I am sure that number includes staff too though) still sounds like next HC will be a 5m + a year candidate.

A guy winning at TCU is without question worth the look, easily the most handicapped university in that state being private & Christian.

Butch Jones type of attitude will probably rub a lot of folks the wrong way. But, he's not gotten into trouble and has shown he can develop with little talent so I'd take him at this point.

What about fleck is anything remotely close to butch Jones. Gonna go ahead and start debunking this lazy theory right here and now

Few coaches are, but his name would be on my list if they really got 40m over 5 years to spend (I am sure that number includes staff too though) still sounds like next HC will be a 5m + a year candidate.

A guy winning at TCU is without question worth the look, easily the most handicapped university in that state being private & Christian.
He hasn't won big there since 17 and is on the back side of his career. He hasn't had the same success since they moved to the Big 12. Patterson should have been hired in 2010 but Hamilton sailed that ship

Ok someone talk me into Fleck. I don’t know much about him.
I think that he is a program builder, which we need right now. I don't think he's interested in getting dirty, which would play well. From what I can tell, he's a good coach. Schemes well, does A LOT more with less.

He is gimmicky like Butch, but that has also made him endearing. I do think that he is (still) a media darling. Lots of people around the CFB world/culture admire him.

All that being said, he wins in the Big Ten West, which isn't exactly the SEC East. Recently our teams that didn't necessarily compete at a high level did just fine against Big Ten teams.

Don't check in much on WMU and Minn football. Records are good. No experience in the south, and he seems very corny though. What makes him stand out more than some others?
He wins. Football is football. Where it takes place is irrelevant. Took both programs to their highest win totals in a season. Elite WR coach. Played WR in the NFL. Got NFL WRs at both stops... even while an assistant at Rutgers. Straight up Grinder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back