Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Batman was there hiding in the shadows lol
I too was in those meetings - albeit a few years ago now but hubbs and kesling were there as employees. And I have been in meetings with hubbs before when he details to UTAD higher ups his content plan for the week, etc. and who he needs access to and that all gets green lighted by UT.

Now that might not be the case now but the AD when I was there was very involved in what content was put out.

How long has learfield been around?

It’s my understanding that when they came along those network employees went under them and not the schools. Im thinking this is just 3-5 years old

Learfield and IMG College merged around 2018. Vols Network was a part of Host Communicatuons for years and IMG College acquired Host in 2007. So it was IMG college from 2007-2018, now it’s Learfield IMG College.

Regardless if Hubbs is technically a university employee they all still have to be approved by the school to be a part of a broadcast. He wouldn’t jeopardize that approval by talking up a coaching hot board without serious doubts Pruitt is coming back.

Reactions: Bruce Wayne
Hope you’re right but we’re basing hope off “insiders” and “clues” and the AD just said this game is a spring board to spring practice for coach Pruitt
Delusional desperate wishful thinking expressed.

How long has learfield been around?

It’s my understanding that when they came along those network employees went under them and not the schools. Im thinking this is just 3-5 years old

Seems like Learfield is like a syndicate that manages rights. Many program networks throughout the country are managed by them. Hard to get a streaming game these days except through a Learfield endorsed gateway.

Reactions: BruinVol
well done
I was about to say that I knew that’s how Networks at other schools worked but glad you gave even a better source

Yep. Learfield is contracted by a number of schools to handle their radio/media outlets.

In fact, I bet you Jeremy Pruitt has a portion of his salary paid by Learfield or by a third party for his media obligations. How has HH been in the AD and not know this? These relationships have been around for years.

arent they IMG employees? IMG has exclusive rights to 40 Universities in the South.

Im sure theres an inroads through UTDoC.
Honestly they may be now. It wasn’t that way back when I was there. But I would imagine that if they are still in staff meetings their role and who their boss is might be a bit fuzzy.

I am sure UT leverages VQ like it has for years.

Neal Brown salivating right now, scheming up some air raid routes, specifically slants. With the wider OL spacing, it will take even longer for our DL to get to the qb, which we do not do well.

Brown is a darn good coach who makes adjustments at halftime. Another thing we do not do well. Heck he almost beat Clemson at Troy in 16. 20 points margin minimum for us I'm afraid

Last edited:
Honestly they may be now. It wasn’t that way back when I was there. But I would imagine that if they are still in staff meetings their role and who their boss is might be a bit fuzzy.

I am sure UT leverages VQ like it has for years.
Brent worked for Dick Broadcasting

IF Pruitt is retained, and IF all the people who say they're out really leave, VN is going to be a lonely place.

But I'll still be here.
There are other good things on this site other than football. That's whats great about what Freak built

IF Pruitt is retained, and IF all the people who say they're out really leave, VN is going to be a lonely place.

But I'll still be here.
I’ve NEVER done the “I’m done” or “I’m out” thing. Time everything first kind of territory.

Reactions: escapegoat2
You dont think Phil will fire Pruitt if told to do so? Come on man.

I am saying that most scenarios I have seen that involve firing Fulmer are dependent on Fulmer refusing to budge on firing Pruitt.

If Fulmer will get on board and executed both his duties and Pruitt, then he should get to retire at the end of next year. If he blocks and puts out info trying to hamper getting rid of Pruitt, then I would consider that insubordination if I were Boyd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back