Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Herman’s issue has been Ehlinger not progressing since freshman. Not sure if lack of development, stubborn, no back ups.
Ehlinger improved quite a bit from his freshman year to his sophomore year. Then last year the defense completely fell apart and the o-line regressed significantly, Ehlinger had a good year, but tried to do it all himself because he had no reliable running game other than himself, and knew they would need to score at least 30 every game to have a chance. At the end of last season, they canned 7 coaches, including both coordinators, but not the o-line coach, and have gotten more of the same this year. Herman is constitutionally incapable of putting teams away, every game is a one-score game (22 over the last three years, highest in the nation), and even with the new OC, they end up having Ehlinger play hero-ball at the end of games trying to will a victory on his own (see the Texas Tech and OU games this year). The results have been mixed, and he probably has regressed a bit from last year, but he also lost his top two WR's from last year.

Herman will remind people a lot of Butch Jones, a guy who thinks he has invented the perfect (infallible) offensive system, and will keep running it into a brick wall despite bad personnel fits and the fact that defenses in the league have figured it out. He's an arrogant pri!ck who has alienated every base of support in the football ecosystem, and their recruiting has fallen off the map this year, losing legacy players who were thought to be locks in the 2021 class, missing on a great crop of o-linemen in-state for 2021, and the 2022 #1 player in the nation from DFW decommitting and then committing to iOSU.

But hey, we could probably get him cheap while Texas is paying him buyout money for the next few years.

They've scored more every year. 31 in 2018, 35 last year and 38 ppg this season. Not sure offense is the problem.

I would take his OC Yurcich, if not Herman, as OC in a heartbeat.

There is a 59-spot against UTEP and a 4 OT game against OU worked into those numbers. It has been hard to tell how much Herman is holding back Yurcich. The game yesterday against Iowa State looked a lot like our game vs. Auburn last week - 484 total yards only resulting in 20 points.

Not a real man. I set my alarm for 4:30 am yesterday on an off day so I could go fish all day and freeze my cajones off. 😁 ....tbh I wake up for work at 3:30 everyday so 4:30 is sleeping in for me.

I’d rather sip on my Bourbon until I go to bed and get a good nights sleep. Lol

Mizzou can lock in a winning season with an all sec schedule by beating Arky next week. Amazing a first year coach is allowed to do that.

E-v-e-r-y time we have a first year HC it's like total despair knowing 5-7 (2-6) is coming. In fact I'm pretty sure that's how 2022 would project if we fire Pruitt in 12 months. If we do it NOW I could see 8-4 (4-4). We have the talent, now we need the scheme and coaching.

Mizzou can lock in a winning season with an all sec schedule by beating Arky next week. Amazing a first year coach is allowed to do that.

E-v-e-r-y time we have a first year HC it's like total despair knowing 5-7 (2-6) is coming. In fact I'm pretty sure that's how 2022 would project if we fire Pruitt in 12 months. If we do it NOW I could see 8-4 (4-4). We have the talent, now we need the scheme and coaching.
Hugh Freeze would win 8-10 next year.

We always act a season too late.

My theory on it is similar to yours. Not only do we make bad hires, but we do it a year too late when those bad coaches don’t have any talent available to them.

Was it ever made official why our game was postponed? I may have missed it, but I never saw if we had guys out or if this was just an SEC scheduling thing.

If for scheduling purposes, it seems pretty unfair for us. Our chances of getting all games in went down. Zero wiggle room now.

Reactions: nesbuddha66
My theory on it is similar to yours. Not only do we make bad hires, but we do it a year too late when those bad coaches don’t have any talent available to them.
I really think they’re only hanging on to Pruitt because of this recruiting class. If it falls apart they’ll act. We already offered Travali Prices brother just to try and get him knowing we don’t want the brother.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back