Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
He lucked into Dobbs and did pull a roster. Probably not much difference between Butch and Pruitt other than QB...which makes it appear a wider margin.

Butch got Dobbs to decommit from Arizona State. And I think did develop him. He recruited better overall studs on offense and defense... he just didn’t keep it up and develop the players behind the stars.

Time to move on from Pruitt and hire a real football coach. You know when it’s over. We held on to both Dooley and Butch a season too long which led to two marginal classes in a row and put us further behind.

Last edited:
Reactions: UTSuave’
Are you all so bored that you really can’t find anything better to do than posting endlessly about something that makes you miserable?

Like, we get it: Pruitt sucks. Recruiting sucks. AD sucks. Doom and gloom.

There’s more to life than Vols football and the time you’re wasting crying about it, you’re not going to get back. Go hug your wives or play catch with the kids or something.

Butch got Dobbs to decommit from Arizona State. And I think did develop him. He recruited better overall studs on offense and defense... he just didn’t keep it up and develop the players behind the stars.
He lucked into how good Dobbs became. Not suggesting Burtch couldn’t recruit at least the first 2 seasons.

Their classes have been on par. Butch recruited d line a bit better, Pruitt has recruited o line a bit better. Outside of that it’s about even.

Reactions: engineerVOL
I like him, but don't think we could afford him.He makes 3.5 at Iowa State we have to offer 5 at least.
It would take 6 or 7 to get him to take this job.

We don’t have a chance. I’m just saying whoever gets him, whether it’s Texas, Michigan or some NFL team, they’ve found the one.

Are you all so bored that you really can’t find anything better to do than posting endlessly about something that makes you miserable?

There’s more to life than Vols football and the time you’re wasting crying about it, you’re not going to get back. Go hug your wives or play catch with the kids or something.
Have done all those things today, now watching football. Why you lurking and reprimanding other people? Do you, we’ll do us.

For whatever reason, the kids and the wife don’t care about the complexities of the economics and social sciences around firing a coach and hiring a new one.

Once they get up to speed you won’t hear from me again. Until then....

No our QB and HC have been subpar and mediocre.
Except Chaney had 2 years with 3 different QBs. Nothing from our offense under any of them. He simply can't do more with less.

I'm sure he will look fine in his THIRD year with either Salter or HB or a transfer...once he has plenty of talent he will look decent. If we ever have crazy amount of talent he will appear good. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back