Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again like I said Bailey touched a football 3 days before our first game. Maybe he honestly just needed time to develop more and get reps.

Without any true practice reports we would never know. Maybe Pruitt thought Shrout and Maurer were better just from having more experience with the playbook and when those two fell through, he was stuck with JG at that time because HB just wasn’t ready.....

Now he will of had what 3 weeks before the Florida game? That’s plenty of time to get him ready and it makes sense starting him.
He was back August 25th

Reactions: BigOrangeMojo
Again like I said Bailey touched a football 3 days before our first game. Maybe he honestly just needed time to develop more and get reps.

Without any true practice reports we would never know. Maybe Pruitt thought Shrout and Maurer were better just from having more experience with the playbook and when those two fell through, he was stuck with JG at that time because HB just wasn’t ready.....

Now he will of had what 3 weeks before the Florida game? That’s plenty of time to get him ready and it makes sense starting him.

Bailey was back the last week of August. That doesnt explain why he wasnt prepared to start a game in September, October, or November.

Bailey was back the last week of August. That doesnt explain why he wasnt prepared to start a game in September, October, or November.

How many freshman who don’t get action until that time are truly ready to start in that amount of time? You guys forget he didn’t get a spring ball even though he enrolled early.

If he starts and plays well, then I am going to assume staff wanted him to be fully prepared as much as possible before he got the start.

How many freshman who don’t get action until that time are truly ready to start in that amount of time? You guys forget he didn’t get a spring ball even though he enrolled early.

If he starts and plays well, then I am going to assume staff wanted him to be fully prepared as much as possible before he got the start.

The fact that we've had 3 bye weeks in the past 6 weeks and still not ready is damning, especially when the starter has been awful and the season is lost.

So for all the people on here who say “Fire Pruitt” or “Freeze” every other comment. Can you name one good hire other than Rodney Garner Fulmer has ever made? His entire history is one bad hire after another.

It’s why I am not a believer In Fulmer as a AD

Sad to say but fans don’t always know what’s best for the program lol 😂, what if Bailey balls out the next 3 games and we play inspired?

Yet the reason Pruitt never made the switch is because he wanted Bailey to develop a little more so he could do that balling out?

Does he get credit for that? Or will everyone say..... he should of put him in sooner? Yet, maybe he wasn’t truly ready then?

Fans are funny a fickle and everyone calling for Freeze to be hired are overreacting. There’s nothing that points to Freeze winning at Tennessee. Maybe he would maybe he wouldn’t. But, what if Pruitt turns the entire ship around next year and we start winning like we should?

GSU, BYU, and KY are inexcusable by any standard and huge red flags. The complete lack of QB development is concerning. We don’t even belong on the same field as Bama an GA. We can’t make second half adjustments. Did I mention GSU?

Fans are fickle, yes. But we also aren’t blind.

Attendance will not be 100% with the trash product we put on the field.

Yep. Lingering COVID concerns, trash product, increasing apathy...I would be surprised if Neyland was full. It wasn’t in the final Butch and Dooley years and it won’t be now either.

Reactions: KPT_VFL
So new AD and HC after next season.
We had all better hope like crazy that Pruitt can somehow save this class, make necessary coaching changes with upgrades at recruiting and coaching, save the current roster from transferring, and pull a rabbit out of his butt next year to get this going in the right direction ASAP!! If he doesn’t, we all know what will happen. They will have to go to the Haslams for money for the buyouts...Pruitt, staff, and Fulmer will be gone, and the Haslams will be back in control of who they want as AD, which means who they want as HC. We all know what that means...our chance at ever being elite again will be over. I sure hope papa Phil knows what he’s doing.

Yep. Lingering COVID concerns, trash product, increasing apathy...I would be surprised if Neyland was full. It wasn’t in the final Butch and Dooley years and it won’t be now either.
That’s not a knock on fans either. Tennessee fans have been there for the university and been patient but they constantly get fed garbage.

I would have laughed at you if you had told me during half time at GA that we would be here
Someone must have made a deal with Shadowman at halftime. Probably the Haslams, as they saw we were on the verge of breaking through. Or maybe the Haslams paid JG a very very large amount of money to literally throw the game away along with every other game he plays in.

HB will be starting unless something changes in the next week...he will get a ton of work in Sat...
No one has said anything about the last part of this statement. @Atlanta VOL, what is happening Sat? We having a full speed intra-squad scrimmage? Did we ask the SEC if we could have an intra-league scrimmage with one of the teams that is off?

Reactions: nesbuddha66
I’m going to be pissed if Bailey comes out and looks like he should of been starting since the first bye week. Happy for the future, but still pissed.
We all had better hope he does, if we are definitely stuck with Pruitt through next year. If we look like a different team the last 3 games, then Pruitt may be able to save this class, which will go a long ways even if he tanks and is fired at the end of next season.

So done with UT football and I suggest everyone do the same. There’s no excuse for them backing up and keeping Pruitt. So until UT cares about winning again, no one pay a dime to the football program. Simple. They want to screw us, then they don’t make money either.
I wont stop supporting the student athletes and University. That's a weak mentality iyam. Dont have to support Jermy, although im sure the guy is doing his best.

Beet to use Roadhouse philosophy....support Cornbread until its time to not support him. Man, what a frustrating year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back