Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Serious question that may have been answered, but I missed it.

@Atlanta VOL @matts42012 @MetalVolunteer: (or anyone else with knowledge) Why does Haslam (member of a UT NC team and former player) want to hire a coach that is mid level and repeat that process every 2-4 years? How does that benefit his family or the university?
It’s his son trying to live up to his dad.

Early morning thoughts. JG plays decent in the first half of our games, second half is a NIGHTMARE. If Pruitt is obsessed with starting JG how would you guys feel about letting Bailey finish the second half? I’d rather Bailey start and finish a full game, but I think this could work. Also, if Pruitt starts Bailey, wins out, and changes offensive coordinator in the offseason, how do you guys feel?
Give the play calling duties to Osovet and stand back and watch Bailey or Salter shine.

Reactions: bignewt
They’re coming after me because I would be excited to give a black VFL a chance.

And before this turns into an affirmative action discussion and we start arguing about political ****, I’m not saying you hire anyone because of the color of their skin.

I’m just saying, in our specific instance, it would be a good story.
Then why label him a "black VFL?" You were making it a race issue by attaching his skin color to VFL.

It doesn't matter his skin color nor whether he is a VFL or not. What matters is if he is qualified to be the Head Coach at The University of Tennessee and that he wants to be here.

Serious question that may have been answered, but I missed it.

@Atlanta VOL @matts42012 @MetalVolunteer: (or anyone else with knowledge) Why does Haslam (member of a UT NC team and former player) want to hire a coach that is mid level and repeat that process every 2-4 years? How does that benefit his family or the university?
The way I understand it is that it's his son Jimmy (Browns owner) that's the problem, not Big Jim.

One was named in a deposition. The other has a few rumors attached to him.

It is not the same thing no matter what you tell yourself or how you squint at it.

And btw, I agree with your first sentence. Stupidity doesn’t matter with narrative. But the great thing about stupidity is it can be addressed in 15 minutes with a statement and if you win no one will GAS.
The first time I read this, I thought you meant no one would fart.

Now I get it. You're probably right, but the question would be raised.

Reactions: TN-POSSUM
We both know all too well what this means… If we do not play another game, Pruitt is safe until next year, recruiting will tank this year, and we will be in the same position that we were after Butch wanted out in 2016 and we made him come back in 2017. It will be another five year rebuild with Coach McGoogle instead of being able to possibly hire a proven winner right now. I cannot believe we keep making the same mistake over and over and over. It was clear when Dooley wanted out, it was clear when Butch wanted out, and it is clear now that Pruitt wants out.
Why do people think our recruiting will tank this year? The NCAA has moved the needle on visits to April 2021. Where are they gonna go? At this point, about 6 of them are trying to figure out who we're gonna cut because we need transfers badly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back