Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
No joke. Tee would have moved on from JG last year. And we act like we have to keep Pruitt for recruiting. It would be even better under Tee.
this fanbase. we have got to be patient. obviously we lost two or three important pieces NFL, injuries at key areas, and youth and inexperience are struggling in the SEC.

this fanbase. we have got to be patient. obviously we lost two or three important pieces NFL, injuries at key areas, and youth and inexperience are struggling in the SEC.
Guess a coach needs ten years to turn a program around. Sounds like a bunch of excuses. This isn’t year one or even year two.

Just FYI since Bo Davis is a hot topic right now.
Per sources Davis would have to be fired or ask out of his contract and it be granted to be hired anywhere else. Whether or not that would/is going to happen, we don’t know yet but per sources one of those two things have to happen for him to be available.

It’s also worth noting that Davis is currently in Atlanta Saturday night with the Lions team. They play the Falcons tomorrow. So so far it’s business as usual.

But it’s a situation we are aware of and are doing our due diligence in checking on the rumor.
-Grant Ramey (247)

This was posted around midnight (CT) last night.

The only thing that gives me hope is after the bye week in each of Pruitt's first two seasons he played a sh*t ton more freshmen. Last season Tank never saw the field early in the season similar to Key, by the end Tank never left the field. I get what Pruitt was saying, if these freshman didn't get to practice due to covid ypu can't throw them out there because they are bigger stronger faster. It's bye week, every position is fair game and everyone is a veteran now.

IMO they need to flip Tank to SS and develop Key at FS. Flowers doesnt seem like the kind of player who likes to be a downhill safety that position requires.

Also, the jury is out on our LBs cheating up to
stop the run and they have to address covering slants and seam routes during the bye week. Sham has not looked good since returning so I’m giving Slaughter some more snaps.

Beasley also needs more PT. A bit undersized for MIKE but he appears like he can run in coverage.

What everyone should be pissed off about is the absolutely terrible usage of Jalen Hyatt. He should of been running go routes all year long and our OC just found that out 5 games into the season.
Did you not see Hyatt run into Josh Palmer and bring over another DB on the juno ball? Hyatt is a legitimate talent, but he makes freshman mistakes. He shouldn't have been near that ball, and people could've gotten hurt

I’m don’t have a football background outside of watching and Madden, but those with a coaching background...what is the philosophy on this 3rd and 9 alignment. How do we expect to cover the middle of the field here?

Attachments

• FF19C3D9-EAD0-4ED0-9D71-DBEE940A2964.png
    FF19C3D9-EAD0-4ED0-9D71-DBEE940A2964.png
    6.1 MB · Views: 71
Guess a coach needs ten years to turn a program around. Sounds like a bunch of excuses. This isn’t year one or even year two.

He’s saying be patient in year 3, not year 9.

We’d have a new coach every 3 years if some of y’all got to decide.

Look at it this way - if Pruitt doesn’t end up being the guy then he will have at least given the next coach a roster of SEC players that can compete.

No more tiny OL. We’ve got young speed and playmakers. Our D will have legit athletes. The roster is improving. So let’s see if Pruitt can use the talent and get this thing rolling and if not, then after 4-5 years of his recruiting then we’ll be sitting pretty for the next coach.

Last edited:
If your not able to run your full offense with the veteran QB that you keep trotting out then how does that give you the best chance to win? We are so easy to defend. He stares down the slant pass to tell you where he is throwing. How do they not even know what the kid is good out. Almost more likely to be successful just letting him throw deep ball all day. We don’t even use the largest portion of the field which is the key to all the elite offenses this year. Completely wasting using the middle of the field because you have a QB that telegraphs the throw and throws late because he waits for people to get open instead of throwing open.

Even when winning our offense was inconsistent. I was just completely dumbfounded at how scared/conservative we were in 2nd half down 3 scores on first two drives out of half. You saw Bama did to UGA defense in the second half. So what part of you could possibly think you can stop Bama 3 straight drives if the top defense in nation couldn’t? He completely forgot who he was playing to waste any drive. He should be fired simply for the drive right after the fumble for not having guts to take a shot and to freaking punt. Showed who he really was there. Coach scared then your players will play scared

Did you not see Hyatt run into Josh Palmer and bring over another DB on the juno ball? Hyatt is a legitimate talent, but he makes freshman mistakes. He shouldn't have been near that ball, and people could've gotten hurt

Has absolutely nothing to do with my post. Also if Palmer wasn’t there that is another touchdown for Hyatt.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
I guess I just wait until something like that happens. I could speculate on a lot of things in this world.
So could I... But the topic has been Pruitt and the progression of this team or the lack thereof. So a lot of speculation has been going on.

Anyone else notice Pruitt with the defensive play call sheet Yesterday? It appears he is also starting to take back some the play call control from Ansley unless he needed it for the DL coaching

Reactions: Smyrna ATL Vol
correct, it's year three. unfortunately no matter how any of us feel...a complete down the rails coaching search lent us at the time...a proven coordinator with 0 HC experience. We got a great deal relative to other coaches!

I think Pruitt is smart and a good FC. I think bc of the reasons above its been the perfect storm of bad luck this year.

- We had little young talent when he took over
- he has flipped roster to his type of game
- made good O hires and on D
- we arent in a financial situation to do anything
- he's got a great class on paper for 21.
- changed will need to be made to O in 21. or even before.

Ultimately its his team. His ability to adapt to changes and preparedness of team are on him. He is the beneficiary of colossal **** up of a coaching search. If he cant turn it around next year, the writing is on the wall.

Reactions: TurnoverTrashCan
I’m don’t have a football background outside of watching and Madden, but those with a coaching background...what is the philosophy on this 3rd and 9 alignment. How do we expect to cover the middle of the field here?
Safety moves up and the LB moves back.

That's 3rd and 9 when the game is already out of hand. They're just playing a cover 3 zone with a bunch of bail techniques so the WRs don't get behind them.

I don’t think this is Chaneys offense. He is doing what Pruitt wants. This offense looks exactly the same as Heltons.
It does look very similar, if I'm an OC with my name attached to the offense I wouldn't stick around long, if that is indeed the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back