Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
These exact type post were made a year ago and proven very wrong.

How about we trust the competitive character of our players and realize that they are going to play there ass off the T on their Helmets and for JG or any other QB??

There comes a breaking point and our body language Saturday started to show it. On both sides of the ball. Was that because JG came back in? Was it because we were not very aggressive calling plays to try and get back in the game the second half down multiple scores? IDK, but it wasn't hard to see it.

Last year a bad series was typically a punt and our defense got the chance to hold serve and get the ball back.

This year a bad series is not a punt. After the first quarter Saturday, a good series was a punt.

The one thing in the past that you could point to that justified why JG was on the field (even struggling to move the offense and score) was the fact that he took care of the ball for the most part. That is no longer the case.

There comes a breaking point and our body language Saturday started to show it. On both sides of the ball. Was that because JG came back in? Was it because we were not very aggressive calling plays to try and get back in the game the second half down multiple scores? IDK, but it wasn't hard to see it.

Last year a bad series was typically a punt and our defense got the chance to hold serve and get the ball back.

This year a bad series is not a punt. After the first quarter Saturday, a good series was a punt.

The one thing in the past that you could point to that justified why JG was on the field (even struggling to move the offense and score) was the fact that he took care of the ball for the most part. That is no longer the case.

The bama game last year was worse than what’s happened so far this year in terms of losing trust imo. Looking at going undefeated after that gives Pruitt a leg to stand on with the players imo. He simply can say We have done this before and we are going to do it the same way again

For this reason I expect JT to play one series and then JG afterwards

If JG can play mistake free like first two games, How many turnovers do we need from Bama to be in the game in the 4th quarter? 3? 4?

tenor.gif

Well, I have been blessed with so much going on starting on the GA Saturday that I have really not cared. We had a stomach virus then our son called from ER thinking he was having a heart attack especially after the aspirin helped. Test showed his heart was fine, but he has Barrett's esophagus which was acting up plus a panic attack on top of it. When he was operated on for the esophagus 12 years ago, they told us to watch because cancer develops sometimes. My niece went to the cancer center today. The doctor said the lumps under her arms and groin he thinks are cysts that can be removed, but the ones on chest and breast that are going up and down he is concerned about so set up a Cat Scan...have to wait until November 2. Husband is getting worse. And my German Shepherd's hip dysplasia is getting really bad so...... Don't y'all feel better now! Probably not. I tried.
Wow. Sorry you’re having to go through that. Praying for you and family.

not at all with shrout. People seem to forget he almost threw 30 INTs in his senior year of high school. He clearly has never been able to get the job done and never will imo

Shrout was a flier Pruitt took in his pieces together first class. A kid who has impressed at a camp with a big arm, but had a lackluster high school track record. It’s not Shrout’s fault, but he was always a long shot.

The bama game last year was worse than what’s happened so far this year in terms of losing trust imo. Looking at going undefeated after that gives Pruitt a leg to stand on with the players imo. He simply can say We have done this before and we are going to do it the same way again

For this reason I expect JT to play one series and then JG afterwards
Disagree on the first point. Alabama was ahead in a game they were supposed to win and while that play sealed defeat, the opposite wasn't going to guarantee victory either. Saturday, he took a game you should win and put it in a place where it was substantially harder to do that.

JG is a year older and played well (for him) down the stretch last year and even through 10 quarters this year (after he was pulled following UF) only to go completely backwards to a point below any point he was at last year when he got pulled. Even after that he got pulled in the bowl game again for poor play.

He can try it I suppose. I think that well is dry myself.
He has a lot more to lose in year 3 doing it, than he did in year 2 if it doesn't work.
At minimum you re starting year 4 with QB questions again. Some of those you could have started answering this week.

To the last, I have no idea why you would put JT in for 1 series if you know JG is going the rest of the way regardless.

Reactions: jakez4ut
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back