Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Listen we are still playing behind the 8ball when it comes to talent compared to what UGA has currently. We have started to close the gap and I think in two years we will have the depth on both sides of the line. My only real gripe is the fact that we have whiffed at QB talent since JP took the reigns. It was well known JG was not the guy and we struck out with JT and now we wait for HB or KS to come in and right the ship. We will win and loose games this year based solely on what kind of mistakes JG makes. Only time will tell. I was not surprised JP didn’t yank JG in such a high profile game due to the fact the line would have probably gotten one of the other QB’s killed. I will be Extremely surprised if you don’t see JG get yanked if he struggles this weekend. Sorry for the rant.
We all took a rant after seeing the same thing you saw Saturday

Reactions: VOLSONLY
Listen we are still playing behind the 8ball when it comes to talent compared to what UGA has currently. We have started to close the gap and I think in two years we will have the depth on both sides of the line. My only real gripe is the fact that we have whiffed at QB talent since JP took the reigns. It was well known JG was not the guy and we struck out with JT and now we wait for HB or KS to come in and right the ship. We will win and loose games this year based solely on what kind of mistakes JG makes. Only time will tell. I was not surprised JP didn’t yank JG in such a high profile game due to the fact the line would have probably gotten one of the other QB’s killed. I will be Extremely surprised if you don’t see JG get yanked if he struggles this weekend. Sorry for the rant.
I have been saying since last year that we are still two good classes and two years of development away from closing the gap on the elites.

This place is miserable after a loss... I will never understand the defeatist attitude that appears to be prevalent in todays times.

I know this is just football, but it's how you handle the tough times that defines ones true makeup. That's life. Everyone is confident and satisfied when everything goes your way.

Hopefully our team doesn't have the mental makeup of this forum.
After the disaster that our program has been since the decline of Fulmer I can understand the frustration.
And I am confident our team nor our coaches have the mental make up of this forum :)

The amount of negativity in this place after a loss is tough. Impossible to even get caught up or read posts after a game it appears. As always it’s how you deal with failure that will set you up for success....we will be just fine I believe that.
For me its because I expected to be farther ahead at this point. Did I think we could win sure if everything went perfectly. But I did expect to not get beaten by 4 scores once again.

Reactions: LoudOrange
This is just false. We have done it before and we will do it again. If not for historic levels of administrative incompetence, we would’ve been mopping the floor with those Muschamp and McElwain Florida teams. We won 9 straight games over UGA from 89-99. The Bama rivalry is notoriously cyclical.

We will always have the fan support base.
We (currently) have the administrative support. The 6hr radius around Knoxville is stacked with talent and the UT brand stretches far and wide.

Do we need the right coach to have success at a high level? Of course, but so do Bama, UGA, and FL and everyone else.

Get these sort of ridiculous defeatist thoughts out of your head. It’s football. Tyrannical regimes get toppled all the time out on the gridiron. The only thing stopping us is us.

You know what else is in a 6 hour radius? UGA, Bama, Clemson, and Ohio State.

That pretty tough recruiting competition. We are going to have to up our recruiting game or one or more of these guys are going to have to fall.

Thanks for confirming what some of us have posted. Two more years of CJP classes and player development. Seems you are also saying that Shrout and Maurer are useless, so suck it up and accept JG until HB is ready.

So it begs the question, how does HB or any other QB get ready if they never see live game action? There have been occasions in the past two games for HB to play in the 4th quarter. Send him in, max protect, and let him run the offense to get his feet wet. It simply cannot be worse than what we saw JG do in that second half against UGA.

Thanks for confirming what some of us have posted. Two more years of CJP classes and player development. Seems you are also saying that Shrout and Maurer are useless, so suck it up and accept JG until HB is ready.

So it begs the question, how does HB or any other QB get ready if they never see live game action? There have been occasions in the past two games for HB to play in the 4th quarter. Send him in, max protect, and let him run the offense to get his feet wet. It simply cannot be worse than what we saw JG do in that second half against UGA.
One thing sports have taught is some how some way. It can always get worse.

Reactions: UTProf
You know what else is in a 6 hour radius? UGA, Bama, Clemson, and Ohio State.

That pretty tough recruiting competition. We are going to have to up our recruiting game or one or more of these guys are going to have to fall.
I dont think recruiting will change and even out until the playoffs are expanded to more teams

After the disaster that our program has been since the decline of Fulmer I can understand the frustration.
And I am confident our team nor our coaches have the mental make up of this forum :)
No doubt, no way they would be where their at with the attitude a lot of fans have. Too many fans don't see the broad picture. Most people are tired of hearing next year, but most don't understand it takes awhile to turn a culture and have the talent to complete the turnaround. Thanks AV for what you do .

This gives me hope. This has been my one grip about JP. Serious question, Is JT that bad that we can't at least try him? I understand why we can't try HB right now cause he has had to miss so much because of all this COVID mess but why is up with our QB development? Thanks for all your input you bring.

Good defense but
giphy.gif

Reactions: BlackLabelVols
Pruitt is the guy, as was Fulmer. Should have never fired him.

Know how I know? Cause Pruitt isnt Butch.

This place is miserable after a loss... I will never understand the defeatist attitude that appears to be prevalent in todays times.

I know this is just football, but it's how you handle the tough times that defines ones true makeup. That's life. Everyone is confident and satisfied when everything goes your way.

Not only that...it’s entertainment for me. Sure, I get upset and in a bad mood after a loss. But I have gotten to the point that I can’t let a UT loss effect the way I raise and teach my kids. Get up off the floor, work harder, and go win the next one. Let’s go beat UK for like the 34th out of 36 times.

Not only that...it’s entertainment for me. Sure, I get upset and in a bad mood after a loss. But I have gotten to the point that I can’t let a UT loss effect the way I raise and teach my kids. Get up off the floor, work harder, and go win the next one. Let’s go beat UK for like the 34th out of 36 times.
Agreed. It’s ok to take a punch, as long as you are willing to get back up and keep swinging.

The amount of negativity in this place after a loss is tough. Impossible to even get caught up or read posts after a game it appears. As always it’s how you deal with failure that will set you up for success....we will be just fine I believe that.
The majority of us still believe, but belief is tempered by what we've gone through for more than a decade. I still think Pruitt is the guy, but I'd be lying if I said I understood every decision. Like most, I'm baffled as to how JG is still our best option at QB. You're in a unique position to get answers to questions we all ask. Our inability to get those answers fuels our frustration. We all want the same thing tho. And I still believe we'll get there, but Saturday hurt, a lot. That second half broke my heart.

Do you have any indication that Pruitt may have to figure out how to deal with Georgia like Fulmer did with Florida over Spurrier's last 4 years? It just seemed like everything was off from the start and I know that UGA had something to do with that, but is there any chance this team and coaching staff were 'too amped up' for this game?

Take could not be more wrong. UGA started off w disaster, not us.

Kirby made 2 highly questionable coaching decisions that along with their first messup allowed us a chance to be up at half. I thought his coaching was far worse than anything bynour staff

Our Oline couldn’t handle their front 7. Period. And when you are getting manhandled up front against elite talent probably not the time to break in a freshman qb who hasn’t had near the reps a normal year would have provided.

I mean truthfully, the vol faithful of this forum haven’t quit the vols yet. And they have served us a steaming pile of wet garbage for the better part of a decade. It’s miserable because we want to be better and non of us can do anything but show up and support the team. We get promises year in and year out that we are almost there, just wait until we get x player next year, or x coach. Then Georgia comes out and completely annihilated our offensive line and the qb we all know can’t hack it in the big games hands them turnover after turnover in the second half without being benched. We expect more and the defeatist attitude is projected because we can’t really do anything about it. In the real world, we can make that choice for ourselves and actually do or die.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back