Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was a no lose game but let’s be honest there wasn’t a single play where anyone said Chaney out schemed that great defense. It was a really poor game plan for Cheney imo but again this wasn’t a game I expected much from
Doesn't freaking matter what you scheme when you literally can't run for 4 yards at all. Hard to blame Chaney when he was probably relying on being able to run some, even a tiny little bit. It was so bad, Chaney had few options. UGA secondary is #1 national by a good distance and nobody was able to get open 2nd half. Nobody helped anybody. Nobody broke tackles, made plays. Rough for a playcaller.

I think its just something Kirby does, not sure how, but I remember seeing it against Auburn. And then this morning this account which breaks down film mentioned it, so I know the coaches who got paid millions had to know they would do it.

That’s good. Doesn’t mean they weren’t chattering. Obviously Pruitt was upset at something after it was done multiple times.

For me, I just can’t believe how little feel or instinct JG has at QB.

Watching some other younger guys today that just have the feel for the position.

We have to have a better option at QB. Someone who can simply be an upgrade by understanding the position.

I don’t get the coaches and players riding with JG.
You’re right on. I applaud him for giving his all, but he just has no feel for the game or instinct. The OL did nothing to help him, but I cont to see other QB’s drift / slide in the pocket to buy time and he just doesn’t have it and at this point can’t develop it.

You’re right on. I applaud him for giving his all, but he just has no feel for the game or instinct. The OL did nothing to help him, but I cont to see other QB’s drift / slide in the pocket to buy time and he just doesn’t have it and at this point can’t develop it.
Ya. I just don’t see him at this point being any different than what he has consistently shown.

Reactions: Smokeytom
A&M got outclassed last week by Bama. Same for us today against Georgia. We’ll come back strong. Georgia has definitely closed the talent gap with Bama. Maybe even more talented than Bama now.
UGA’s defense is better, probably best in the nation but if you think UGA’s offense is better than that offense Bama is rolling out, I gotta an ocean front property in Nebraska to sell you.

Ok I get it, we played terrible, but let’s beat KY next week. Then try to give Alabama a game. The rest of the games after that are winnable. Let’s hope we can win at least 4-6 of the last 7 and finish this season with maybe a bowl game and a really nice recruiting class.

P.S. I’ve been over JG as our starting QB for over 2 years. I don’t want to bash the kid because enough posters on here are doing enough of it. He tries hard and wants to succeed, but he just doesn’t have it. The coaching staff for some reason thinks he gives us the best chance to win, but if he’s the best we got then I blame coach Weinke and the rest of the coaching staff for not developing the other QB’s.

I think its just something Kirby does, not sure how, but I remember seeing it against Auburn. And then this morning this account which breaks down film mentioned it, so I know the coaches who got paid millions had to know they would do it.

Doing zone blocking the movement does confuse blocking assignments. So, that should've been anticipated and adjustments made.

Reactions: mr.checkerboards
Doesn't freaking matter what you scheme when you literally can't run for 4 yards at all. Hard to blame Chaney when he was probably relying on being able to run some, even a tiny little bit. It was so bad, Chaney had few options. UGA secondary is #1 national by a good distance and nobody was able to get open 2nd half. Nobody helped anybody. Nobody broke tackles, made plays. Rough for a playcaller.

Our OL is out of shape, imo. They lose steam mid-game and take entire series off even when they're playing well. They did that all during the Mizzou game.

Today is where 68 4/5 star players played 35 4/5 star players. The next highest behind UGA is UF with 37. Minus Bama we should compete with anyone left on the schedule including UF. A good qb today and we overcome the talent disparity. The defense keyed on the run and didn’t have to respect the pass. We hit a couple long ones and they didn’t care cause they knew JG could not do that all game. No other team minus Bama on our schedule will have the defense to do that. Still need better qb play

Lets see if Pruitt can keep it within 3 TDs for the first time ever.

Reactions: mr.checkerboards
Those who think we should trot out Harrison and let him learn nothing but getting hosed by these good defenses we still have on our schedule, are short sided and stupid. Bailey hasn’t practiced much and isn’t ready for what this conference can throw at you. Sack up and deal with it. Last week, most of y’all were ready to polish Jarrett’s balls.
So the Vols and Colts were stupid for letting Peyton take his lumps as a freshman/rookie. Yeah, that was terrible for him and them; not!

I am neither short-sided nor short sighted. But I bet a short sided person would really walk funny...

He has a QB. Give him JG and see what happens. Where was it against Fl? How you like his defense that gives up 600 yards to them?
The crazy thing is we may have been able to get Corral but staff didn't want him. Should have gotten Howell but staff didn't want him. This staff has definitely had its hits and misses.

Reactions: Smyrna ATL Vol
I'm not, he's our starter and is solidified. He's played solid this year.

But if people are focusing on the negatives (failure of the staff's plan), then the staff would want to see failure over a period of instances. That is how a strategic plan would approach shortcomings. Not kneejerk reactions.

I appreciate the correlation you are trying to draw here, but personnel decisions over a single player are not strategic they are tactical. Especially when that player is a senior and is ineffective in executing the battle plan.

The only way it is strategic to always stick with JG is if that is supposed to serve another purpose beyond game performance. Otherwise all those decision are tactical not strategic.

Playing Guarantano reflects so poorly on this coaching staff, it almost has me throwing in the towel on them. The fact we haven’t seen another qb play a meaningful snap this year is also mind numbing.

5th year senior qb with 2 turnovers inside your own 35.

Jim Chaney cost this offense so much today. I can’t believe more people are not calling for his firing. Unimaginative play calling and zero sense of what the defense is doing. Kirby and the Georgia defense ate his lunch while sitting on top of him.

Playing Guarantano reflects so poorly on this coaching staff, it almost has me throwing in the towel on them. The fact we haven’t seen another qb play a meaningful snap this year is also mind numbing.

5th year senior qb with 2 turnovers inside your own 35.

Jim Chaney cost this offense so much today. I can’t believe more people are not calling for his firing. Unimaginative play calling and zero sense of what the defense is doing. Kirby and the Georgia defense ate his lunch while sitting on top of him.
Let’s not downplay his interception thrown off his back foot while he was getting pressured/hit.

That throw was not okay. Period. Not for anyone. You get rid of the ball or take the sack so that you can punt the ball. You don’t throw that ball ever. Never ever.

Let’s not downplay his interception thrown off his back foot while he was getting pressured/hit.

That throw was not okay. Period. Not for anyone. You get rid of the ball or take the sack so that you can punt the ball. You don’t throw that ball ever. Never ever.

3 turnovers by a senior qb in a game you just can’t have them. He gave us absolutely nothing.

He threw two dimes for TDs. We had no run game or pass blocking. I don’t put this game on JG.

That needs to be put on Jim Chaney. He has to help his O-line out with play calling. He did them no favors today.

Your 5th year senior qb has to protect the ball better. I don’t care if you are getting hit every play. Take the sack and live to fight another down. Provided Georgia with excellent field position on two drives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back