Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was watching him closely a couple of series. Not bad but not elite. Missed a block once but the ball was coming out fast and it didn’t matter. Looks descent on run plays.
Very costly penalty: hands to the face. He pushed Marvin Wilson’s helmet off... the positive is that he doesn’t quit

Ryan Johnson just got a 15 yard pentantly when GT was on the goal line about ready to score.
They gonna settle for a field goal. Probably would have a TD...

Edit: they missed the chip shot... way to go Ryan, just cost your team points in a close game

Bush league call on that block below the waist on that running back

The broadcast wouldn’t even show the replay. Foot thing I got YouTube TV to rewind it. GT getting robbed

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
Johnson is a local kid that seemed to genuinely love UT. People seem to revel in the failure of outgoing transfers, similar to Richmond. I don't get it.
Sorry if I came off that way. I’m really rooting for him. Just reporting what I see. Some of it was positive. I was surprised that Mel Kiper said he was “draftable”. It would be cool to see him in the NFL.

Wow, GT's freshman kicker has to get those kicks up, reminds me of what's his name against Bama when Cody kept blocking kicks

Edit: Daniel Lincoln

Johnson is a local kid that seemed to genuinely love UT. People seem to revel in the failure of outgoing transfers, similar to Richmond. I don't get it. I bet Pruitt is wishing him the best. The revelers in failure remind me of what Butch would be busy doing.
@Sugaray13 and I met his dad at the Auburn game in 2018...super nice guy and spoke highly of Pruitt and this staff. Ran into him after the game, and he let us walk down with him and his family to wait on the players to come out and celebrate the win. Good time! Ryan was a super nice young man. Wish him nothing but the best.

Wow, GT's freshman kicker has to get those kicks up, reminds of what's his name against Bama when Cody kept blocking kicks

Edit: Daniel Lincoln
Well dang, I almost hate to write this. Both blocks have come from the left side of the line. So, I assumed it didn’t involve Ryan. However, he plays on the left side on the field goal unit. Bot blocked FGs he was pushed back and that’s where the block came from. Unfortunately, his team might be winning 13-10 if it weren’t for him. He had that costly penalty then got pushed on the two blocked FGs...

Correction: the first blocked FG was a result of the penalty. So, at best they’d be tied 10-10

Well dang, I almost hate to write this. Both blocks have come from the left side of the line. So, I assumed it didn’t involve Ryan. However, he plays on the left side on the field goal unit. Bot blocked FGs he was pushed back and that’s where the block came from. Unfortunately, his team might be winning 13-10 if it weren’t for him. He had that costly penalty then got pushed on the two blocked FGs...

Correction: the first blocked FG was a result of the penalty. So, at best they’d be tied 10-10
I didn't notice where RJ was lined up, but Wilson was a 5 star recruit and probably is a 1st round NFL draft pick, so he has abused many offensive linemen. I still blame the frosh kicker, u can't kick low line drives in major college football

Reactions: VOLSONLY
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back