Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s with the team if Daniels isn’t added. I’m not giving Kirby grief on adding him (we had these discussions on this board pro/con in pursuing Daniels), you pursue the best talent and apologize later, but to get PRAISE and credit for a “wise move” in doing so? 😅 This is more of the same in Eason, Fromm and Fields. The era of stockpiling QBs and them waiting their turn ended long ago. tOSU can load 4-5 QBs onto their roster but all of them ain’t staying more than a season or 2 max. Then you have to hope someone’s racist at another school so you can instantly add a 5 star that didn’t want to wait in another program.

That team was mediocre, and it got mediocre results. It has been so long since we’ve had an excellent team here that many fans don’t even recall what an outstanding UT team looks like.

I don’t know about winning it all, but it definitely had enough talent to go 10-2. That team played very physical. Over 2800 yards rushing.

Not as a feature back. Has never been that for a full season. Needs to be paired with an every down variety to be at his most dangerous.

Pretty sure his numbers are pretty comparable for not being a “featured back.” He’s even more dangerous than Mixon in the passing game. I think the Saints choose to use more than one back, which is fine.

Pretty sure his numbers are pretty comparable for not being a “featured back.” He’s even more dangerous than Mixon in the passing game. I think the Saints choose to use more than one back, which is fine.
They choose to do so out of NECESSITY. I’ve never knocked his dangerous factor or any other skills. But he needs a Mark Ingram type to carry a lot of the feature back heavy lifting...Mixon doesn’t.

How I'm hoping our WR stats shake out...
Palmer 62 catches 1050 yards 5 TDs
Keyton 40 catches 750 yards 6 TDs
Hyatt 46 catches 940 yards 4 TDs
Wideman 29 catches 515 yards 9 TDs
Jones 22 catches 340 yards 3 TDs
Callaway 18 catches 420 yards 3 TDs
Holiday 11 catches 275 yards 2 TDs
Beckwith 23 receptions 360 yards 3 TDs

Probably unrealistic but I'm hoping for something similar to this.
If we throw for 4500 yards this year, that’d be a pretty good ten game stretch imo

Salty salty dogs on Twitter over Newman

tenor.gif

giphy.gif

He’s actually been pretty productive for 2 years while the team has been bad.

Yep, they are locking down a key skill player while they develop and hand over the team to Burrow. Smart move. Mixon has some good upside at 4.2 yards per carry over 3 season behind a poor to mediocre O-line, will play when he is banged up, catches it well out of the backfield. The O-line got upgraded nicely in the off season with two road graders at G, so I expect Mixon to produce even more.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX

I don't know how Clay managed to turn this fanbase back to liking him but he's still the same douche who couldn't get enough of James Franklin. I find both Clay and Wolken odious. In this case, Wolken isn't wrong - Clay claims credit for a lot of stuff he has nothing whatsoever to do with. Clay isn't too far off about Wolken either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back