Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw on SEC now, that’s SC has a 57% chance of beating us on opening day?!? If that’s the case, why aren’t they ranked ahead of us? Mind blown.
Typically home field advantage is worth a great deal, so I would say that is why we are dogs. I doubt that they have changed the model to reflect a quarter capacity. How would you predict the impact that would have on the outcome? I guess you could look at Vanderbilt home games, but that's hardly conclusive.

Reactions: Devo182
Typically home field advantage is worth a great deal, so I would say that is why we are dogs. I doubt that they have changed the model to reflect a quarter capacity. How would you predict the impact that would have on the outcome? I guess you could look at Vanderbilt home games, but that's hardly conclusive.

I believe SC lost their star RB signee to injury. Not sure what their RB room looked like.

That sucks for the kid. He was probably about to have an opportunity to step into a prominent role for that offense too. Never want to see a player’s career taken from them especially since his small sample size of play indicated he could be elite.

He doesn't lose a year of eligibility so he gets to keep his medical redshirt too.

In light of all the devastation, division, and turmoil in our world, this was a beautiful sight...

This sort of thing makes the hair on my neck stand up and my heart pound. Don’t ever let them tell you anything else.... This is the greatest country in the history of the planet. No argument. God bless them.

I think there are sort of like 4 basic primary things a QB can do with the football once received from the center. He can hand the ball off, he can throw the ball, he can take a sack, or he can scramble/run. Some pass plays obviously turn into scrambles and are recorded as rush attempts. Sacks are typically recorded as rush attempts as well. I’m making the assumption that we can assume the reason a QB often scrambles is because of pressure and/or no open receivers. With the available stats I’m assuming that as much as possible the QBH numbers likely include those times when pressure forces the QB to scramble.

So I’m looking to see how our pass rush measured up last year and likewise our pass protection. This is against all opponents because we actually struggled more in the first two games than we did the rest of the season. Clearly, we got much better as the season progressed.

Florida lost its two best pass rushers from last year while we return the guy (Kivon Bennett) who was the team leader by far in the QBH category.

Yesterday the Advocate had an article out that said all but 4 of the LSU offensive linemen (of all the guys on their roster) were in quarantine due to Covid-19. We already know that Auburn lost their entire offensive line from last year. They have one guy returning who has started 5 games. Georgia lost 3 of its starters. I think there’s a general sense that the title for best offensive line in the conference this year is going to come down to a contest between Alabama and Tennessee. Perhaps more importantly, in regards to pass protection, this analysis offers additional evidence that Kentucky’s offensive line is wildly overrated, and maybe even sucks. jmo.

ScreenHunter 576.png

ScreenHunter 577.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back