Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tamu is jealous of bonfire
View attachment 297631
If anyone heard about the 30+ vehicle pile up on I-40W yesterday around Dandridge, I was involved. I walked away with minor cuts & bruises, plenty of glass in my face, hair, clothes, and skin. No major injuries outside of a strained lower back & mild whiplash. I was hit from behind (felt like by a train) and sent through the air like a torpedo and my roof landed against the guardrail. Then slid down on my driver’s side door only to be hit again in the undercarriage & frame. So thankful that the good Lord above was with me and that he has purpose for me. This is the second major car accident I’ve been involved in, except the last one (18 years ago) I was hit by a car while riding a dirt bike. Believe it or not, I sustained more injuries during that crash (broken leg and neck injuries). I’m hopeful that no one lost their life in the same accident but I definitely was told that someone lost both their legs. I’ll definitely be praying for everyone involved but I’m unbelievably thankful that I will live another day closer to see my child born.
Truck's well broken in

View attachment 297631
If anyone heard about the 30+ vehicle pile up on I-40W yesterday around Dandridge, I was involved. I walked away with minor cuts & bruises, plenty of glass in my face, hair, clothes, and skin. No major injuries outside of a strained lower back & mild whiplash. I was hit from behind (felt like by a train) and sent through the air like a torpedo and my roof landed against the guardrail. Then slid down on my driver’s side door only to be hit again in the undercarriage & frame. So thankful that the good Lord above was with me and that he has purpose for me. This is the second major car accident I’ve been involved in, except the last one (18 years ago) I was hit by a car while riding a dirt bike. Believe it or not, I sustained more injuries during that crash (broken leg and neck injuries). I’m hopeful that no one lost their life in the same accident but I definitely was told that someone lost both their legs. I’ll definitely be praying for everyone involved but I’m unbelievably thankful that I will live another day closer to see my child born.

Glad to see you're okay, but stop driving vehicles.

before and after...
zu21F0z.jpg
Literally jaw dropping

View attachment 297631
Glad you're ok. You need to make it for at least another 18-25 years

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
View attachment 297631
Thank God my man! I was in a wreck back June second and I've been counting my blessings since! God it sucks and hope the insurance companies take care of you proper.

View attachment 297631

Thankful you are okay man. I'll pray for the health of the others.

That’s why I said I don’t think UCONN would but it worries me a team in a legit conference doing it and the ripple effect it brings. Maybe the conference would just award a victory on your schedule if a Vandy or an Indiana etc said they were opting out. Like a forfeit. Who knows. Just need to get to Sept 26
Vandy does the bare minimum to feed at that SEC Network trough. They won’t cause a ripple because they’ll put something out there. I know you acknowledged U Conn’s (lack of) importance, but you didn’t flesh that comparison out. If they were still in a conference committed to playing football, they don’t fold this early. Going it as an independent with all the major conferences not playing outside games? Why bother? No ripple. Get back to me when Clemson cancels.

View attachment 297631

So thankful to hear you are ok. I can't imagine. I saw an accident at an intersection about 10 years ago and got out to help. One lady was in pain, but I didn't know her status. Just seeing it caused me to drive extra cautious going forward. I can't even think about being involved.

Prayers for healing.

...The Vols will face two of Auburn, LSU, Ole Miss, Mississippi State and Texas A&M, and from that quintet there are best- and worst-case scenarios for Tennessee to add to an already-difficult schedule.

Tennessee annually get the task of facing Alabama, Georgia and Florida, and even with the SEC's decision canceling the trip to another preseason top-10 team in Oklahoma, the Vols still could wind up adding another preseason top-15 team if either of the Tigers or the Aggies (or both) wind up on the schedule.

Which pretty much guarantees the SEC will give us 2 of Auburn, LSU, or TAMU.

Saw a report on the scrolling news feed this morning saying that the Lebanese gov't said it (ammonium nitrate) has been there since 2014. If true, who in their right mind(s) keeps explosive material like that around an urban area?

Edit: Batman got here before me.

If you look at the blast damage, it was way too controlled. It literally acted like a crater charge.

No way that was just Ammonium Nitrate (In my opinion)

Ammonium Nitrate off gases very explosive fumes when it is heated up, also, ammonium nitrate gets hotter the more amount of it there is. (Think of it like a lumber yard where they have to water the wood constantly so that it doesn’t catch fire)

If the 2,750 tons or 6,000,000 pounds as they reported was sitting there for roughly 5 to 6 years unwatched there is no way it wouldn’t of exploded before now. Also, those fumes in the surrounding area after the blast would have killed even more people they are highly toxic.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
View attachment 297631
Dang man, lucky you are okay.... on another note..... Atleast you get a free new car thanks to insurance..... no car payments for you.

This is unverified from the internet, but apparently this is a photo of the warehouse in Lebanon that exploded. Essentially they accidentally made a bomb with 1000 times for ammonium nitrate than was used in Oklahoma City.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back