Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
👀 I think I would be okay with that

“This year, things set up very well for the Vols,” Fornelli writes. “Not only are they playing the game in Knoxville, but Tennessee has a bye the week before. Alabama does not. Alabama's game against Tennessee will be its eighth contest in as many weeks. It will also be Alabama's third road game in four weeks. All the ingredients are there for a major Tennessee upset, so don't forget who told you it was going to happen five months ahead of time.”

Hmm Tom Fornelli...? Not sure what to believe. He's dogged and trolled us in the past.

Then everyone said he was the overweight wolverine
tomfornelli.png

Hmm Tom Fornelli...? Not sure what to believe. He's dogged and trolled us in the past.

Then everyone said he was the overweight wolverine
View attachment 282403

First time is awhile that I'm not going into the season and automatically count at least 3-4 Ls. I really like our team this year and I'm not afraid of anyone on our schedule. If we get good solid QB play (BIG IF) I think we have a good shot in every game.

The call on Darryl Taylor totally changed that game. One of the absolute worst calls in history
There were sooo many "worst calls of the year" type calls against us in that game...that you have to be either really dumb, or completely willingly blind because you just don't want to believe the integrity of the game has become that big of a joke to not know it is just the truth.

I think most naysayers fall in the latter category, which just enables the obvious corruption...in other words..It is why they continue to get away with it.

There were sooo many "worst calls of the year" type calls against us in that game...that you have to be either really dumb, or completely willingly blind because you just don't want to believe the integrity of the game has become that big of a joke to not know it is just the truth.

I think most naysayers fall in the latter category, which just enables the obvious corruption...in other words..It is why they continue to get away with it.
Wtf can we do ? Come on, McGill, are u saying if we all stand together and bitch about refereeing, we can get every call and/or every referee will never make a mistake ever again ? Nah, man, UT just has to kick other team's asses and the calls will come our way like it does for most good teams. Usually, in the course of a season the calls even out, anyway, imo. Although, usually the best teams get the benefit of the doubt, there is no great conspiracy

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
If we get some surprise play off the edge it’s a possibility.

I'd actually put QB play above edge rushing. Pruitt is a great blitz schemer (although our defense would be insane if we could generate a rush with only a 4 man rush) and we can dial up pressure. We have nothing proven at QB.

I also think our WR group is a bit unproven and we are losing a lot from Callaway and JJ

Wtf can we do ? Come on, McGill, are u saying if we all stand together and bitch about refereeing, we can get every call and/or every referee will never make a mistake ever again ? Nah, man, UT just has to kick other team's asses and the calls will come our way like it does for most good teams. Usually, in the course of a season the calls even out, anyway, imo. Although, usually the best teams get the benefit of the doubt, there is no great conspiracy

Yo! My man read in between the lines👀😂😭 all he’s saying is if JG didn’t become selfish. we actually have a legit fighting chance at bama only down 8 with 7 + minutes left in the 4th is all 👀🤷🏽‍♂️

LOL - you’re gonna try and compare Football to Basketball from an individual contributor standpoint?

Fail.
Just the hilarity of titles being the only thing considered in ANY team sport, let alone football or basketball. It's one thing among many that should be used to rank players.

Idk..I’m split on that video..Jordan was still with iverson until the shot.iverson never really legit crossed/lost Jordan.besides iverson was a point guard so Jordan was guarding out of his element anyways.
Jordan was a great guard defender. Regardless, you can't win every possession. Just tip of the cap and a great move by AI. Single clips do nothing with grading defense was the only point

Just the hilarity of titles being the only thing considered in ANY team sport, let alone football or basketball. It's one thing among many that should be used to rank players.
Basketball & Football are incomparable from a “titles” perspective.

In Basketball a player plays both sides, for the majority of the game. They have a much bigger impact on the result.

Not true in Football. Or Baseball for that matter.

Basketball & Football are incomparable from a “titles” perspective.

In Basketball a player plays both sides, for the majority of the game. They have a much bigger impact on the result.

Not true in Football. Or Baseball for that matter.
Yep. They only sports where titles should really be considered in ranking the best are individual sports.
That's why Jack is better than Tiger!:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back