Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick question: anybody have experience using trex lumber for a deck? If so, pros and cons? (Other than the price)

Couple of things, we have trex on our lake house deck, it's all covered by porches and it works well. But here are a couple of issues:

1. If it's in direct sunlight you won't be able to walk on it with bare feet. I also have a boat dock and I used powder coated aluminum for that, it is much cooler.
2. If it is new construction make sure they space the joists for it, it does not have the same rigidity as wood and will sag under normal joist spacing.
3. Careful of the installation, it can expand and buckle if not done correctly.

There are some new brands or generation of wood/poly that have improved the older trex type products, do your research.

Hate it. They're literally getting bailed out.
Transfers aren’t the long term answer. Most kids transfer due to lack of playing time. That’s not a sustainable way to build a program, IMO. Once the one time eligibility rule comes into effect that will change the game and make transfers more valuable though.

Mullen will have good years here and there, if he has great QB play. But he won’t ever get Florida to where Urban had them, a perineal powerhouse. You can take that to the bank.

And men who've been married for any length of time learn to keep that poker face when a smokin' hot young gal hits the screen or you pass 'em on the street. Let the mind race if you want, but never let your face give away your thoughts.

Thats part of why I like wearing sunglasses. Only got in trouble once because I did a noticeable double take.

My wife is pretty cool though and she will sometimes point out the really hot ones. I'm like "yeah, she's pretty".

Five years ago today we brought Ashlee home from the hospital. While we were unaware that it was just the first time we would leave, after what would become (now eight with a little dental procedure she had last year) SEVEN surgeries, we were never happier.

Ashlee just came inside 10 minutes ago, after playing with her sisters outside for what must have been the last 5 or 6 hours. It's hard to imagine sometimes just how far she's come.

VolNation played a big part in keeping my sanity during that time and, thanks to @volatil, the staff at STR, @Atlanta VOL, and countless others on this site, we were able to get through it financially.

I haven't forgotten. I never will. We have tried to pay it forward at every opportunity. You all just don't know what affect the generosity and kindness of strangers had on our family...

So thank you again, VolNation. Y'all are my people.
Group hug!

My wife writes stuff down for me all the time.

She then asks me why I didn't do it and says "I wrote it down". Really pisses her off when i tell her I didn't read it.
Who reads the instructions anyway? That goes against man law. That's like stopping and asking for directions.
You weaken and ask...that’s when THEY target you!

Good thread going on 247 about random celebrity meetings/experiences. All I had was Pat Summitt, Bob Kesling, Brian Adams, Jeneane Garofalo, and my sister's story about Elon Musk trying to get her to have a threesome with he and his wife lol. Guess I'll throw in Louise Mandrell too (if any hardcore country fans know her...sister of Barbara) but she is just relative, so don't really consider it.

But one guy had met MLK. Another sat beside Bill Clinton on a plane. Can anyone top those two?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back