Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
The talk of Pruitt jumping ship to bama later ... looks like in the video he is enjoying what he’s building !!! I know money talks but we should b able pony up how much ever he wants if he starts winning these big games .. id sure miss this kinda recruiting we’re getting here lately ... thoughts AV? Metal volunteer ?
He isnt leaving anytime soon...

I’m going to Austin, Texas next month. I’m going to do a horns down photo in front of the UT-Austin sign and tag Tom Herman and post it on twitter.

But I can’t wait to make a day trip to Lockhart and try some authentic Texas beef BBQ.

Watch out for Vince Young.

Reactions: Brillovol
His graph shows 4 big "troughs". 3 of the 4 were due to coaching change. If we can just find stability, good things will happen.
Stability would be good. Very good.

When Urban had Florida at the top of the mountain, he was landing #1 classes every 3-4 years.

Then Saban started running off #1 classes and the Alabama dynasty took off.

If we want to reach those heights, we’re going to need to recruit at those levels. Consistently in the Top 5, with some top classes mixed in.

I think Pruitt & Fulmer can take us there.

Stability would be good. Very good.

When Urban had Florida at the top of the mountain, he was landing #1 classes every 3-4 years.

Then Saban started running off #1 classes and the Alabama dynasty took off.

If we want to reach those heights, we’re going to need to recruit at those levels. Consistently in the Top 5, with some top classes mixed in.

I think Pruitt & Fulmer can take us there.

You don't need the no. 1 class, you just need to keep it close. Bama has been absolutely running away with the talent for a decade. In 2017, the gap between Bama and the No. 10 class, Notre Dame, was the same talent wise as the gap between Notre Dame and Syracuse, at least according to 247, which does a pretty good job. 2017 Football Team Rankings

It is just stupid. It is extremely hard to overcome that disparity with coaching. We just need to stay within spitting distance to be competitive nationally. I am incredibly psyched with this class, whether it ends up no. 1, no. 5 or no. 10, these kids are good. Unless Bama or Georgia pull just stupid classes, this level of recruiting is can get us where we need to go.

You don't need the no. 1 class, you just need to keep it close. Bama has been absolutely running away with the talent for a decade. In 2017, the gap between Bama and the No. 10 class, Notre Dame, was the same talent wise as the gap between Notre Dame and Syracuse, at least according to 247, which does a pretty good job. 2017 Football Team Rankings

It is just stupid. It is extremely hard to overcome that disparity with coaching. We just need to stay within spitting distance to be competitive nationally. I am incredibly psyched with this class, whether it ends up no. 1, no. 5 or no. 10, these kids are good. Unless Bama or Georgia pull just stupid classes, this level of recruiting is can get us where we need to go.
You do realize “this level” of recruiting means Top 5? Right? Exactly what I said.

No one is going to repeat what Bama did under Saban.

Florida landed #1 classes every 3-4 years during Urban’s run. We’re going to need some top rated classes mixed in with consistent Top 10 classes if we want to reach those heights.

A bit of rambling on this sunday night. I thought Pruitt was a good coach when hired, but it remained to be seen as a head coach. Head coaches have to deal with making the big decisions, sign off on which players to recruit, and glad handing the big doners. You can be a great coordinator and a mediocre head coach.

So far, he's checked off all of the boxes. Recruiting is the biggest thing, as Tennessee doesn't have the hotbed of recruits of a Florida or Georgia, although we're getting there. We're recruiting nationally and have a proven coaching staff that can develop talent which is huge.

Top ranked wins over auburn & kentucky in his 1st year. A 6 game winning streak in year 2. Year 3 I expect very big things.

In short, We're back. Tennessee is not to be f*cked around with any longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back