Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
5k per day can reach toxic doses if you aren’t careful. I just wouldn’t stay at 5k for more than a month. Drop down to 1k-2k daily after you have reached normal levels for maintenance. Happens to kids most frequently.
For adults, it builds up in our fat cells. With any significant/rapid weight loss ie Bassmaster, that’s when toxicity occurs.
You can take that much if weight loss isn’t a plan or if you just intend to get fatter 🤠

By the way, mine serum levels are in the correct range with 2k per day. I drink a couple glasses of milk per day. Not too much sunlight due to @ 50 basal cell cancers. I really quit counting at 40, but have a new batch that I need to treat now. High spf and sun shirts for me. 😎

My level is low, but I hate milk, but stay outside a lot, especially in the Summer. Probably need to pick up some Vitamin D at the store today.

5k per day can reach toxic doses if you aren’t careful. I just wouldn’t stay at 5k for more than a month. Drop down to 1k-2k daily after you have reached normal levels for maintenance. Happens to kids most frequently.
For adults, it builds up in our fat cells. With any significant/rapid weight loss ie Bassmaster, that’s when toxicity occurs.
You can take that much if weight loss isn’t a plan or if you just intend to get fatter 🤠

By the way, mine serum levels are in the correct range with 2k per day. I drink a couple glasses of milk per day. Not too much sunlight due to @ 50 basal cell cancers. I really quit counting at 40, but have a new batch that I need to treat now. High spf and sun shirts for me. 😎

What are you calling 'correct range'? Lab reference range is well below what most functional and anti-ageing docs suggest.

Reactions: drvenner
You can take too much vitamin D, so please be careful.It’s a fat soluble vitamin, so excess is stored in your fat cells. Unlike the water soluble vitamins like C which is excreted in your urine with excessive dosing.
Take 1k-2k units daily and you will get plenty, but not get near toxicity.
Hey Doc… Is 1000 units for a nine-year-old too much?

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
What are you calling 'correct range'? Lab reference range is well below what most functional and anti-ageing docs suggest.
I would not put much credence in “anti-aging docs” lots of anecdotal opinions with few facts out there to truly support their “expertise “
Not to be rude, but I have given you my medical opinion. I don’t want to argue about it. I am also not much into mental masturbation.
Be careful dioensing medical advice without the proper training or experience to do so...

I would ask your pediatrician. I think that is fine, but mini-humans are Definitely not my area of expertise.
I just started her on it probably three or four weeks ago to make sure her immune system is good with all of this stuff going on with COVID-19. My wife and I take 5000 units daily, and I am out in the sun all the time, and my daughter and she are a moderate amount. If it helps protect us from getting sick from coronavirus, then I guess you have to pick your poison? I certainly do not want to cause toxicity in any of us.

I would not put much credence in “anti-aging docs” lots of anecdotal opinions with few facts out there to truly support their “expertise “
Not to be rude, but I have given you my medical opinion. I don’t want to argue about it. I am also not much into mental masturbation.
Be careful dioensing medical advice without the proper training or experience to do so...

It wasn't my intention to argue. I was trying to understand your position. The problem of "proper training or experience" is that there is little agreement within your own profession. In 2005 (at age 40), I started having a wide range of neurological problems, tremors, transient pain and weakness, memory issues, etc. After multiple doctors, the guy that helped me most was an Ivy League internist who had turned to more alternative methods after years of being unable to actually help his patients. This began a 15 year path of discovery where I managed to put myself back together after many mainstream guys failed. I agree that there is a lot of crap out there, but some of what you might call 'crap' gave me my life back, so we'll agree to disagree.

And for anyone who might be paying attention to what I say, I'm not giving medical advice, I'm explaining what I do personally and why.

Mine’s Colombian boys, I have to fear the necktie, LOL I love her and it’s her birthday 🎂 today!

Colombian women are great and probably along with Venezuelan women where my daughter mom is from some of the most beautiful women in the world. My last GF was Colombian from Cartagena. Her mom droves me nuts and was nosey so I had to get rid of her finally but a great girl. Medellin, Colombia is a paradise for beautiful women. But now I switched to Cuban and 3 yrs so far and she is great too.

Colombian women are great and probably along with Venezuelan women where my daughter mom is from some of the most beautiful women in the world. My last GF was Colombian from Cartagena. Her mom droves me nuts and was nosey so I had to get rid of her finally but a great girl. Medellin, Colombia is a paradise for beautiful women. But now I switched to Cuban and 3 yrs so far and she is great too.
Not sure if coffee or women 🤔

Dr. story time. So I go get blood work done twice a year and I've always had high Cholesterol across the board. My Dr always, always, always tries to put me on a statin drug and I always refuse. Fast forward to about 2 years ago when I went to an all meat diet, my Cholesterol went through the roof, he started to really act concerned at this point, again I refused to take a statin. My last checkup was in early March and he FINALLY asked if anything about my diet has changed. Duh... When I told him about my all meat diet for about 2 years he got super pissed and demanded that I go on a statin and change my diet back. I refused as usual so he said ok then a**hole I want you to go take a coronary calcium test. Here's where it gets good.

I agreed to take his little test but only if he accepted a bet. He is a UT grad and we always talk about the Vols during my appointments. The bet was that if my test came back fine that he had to give me tickets to a game this year. If he won I'd go on the Statin and change my diet back. I go take this test Monday at the freaking hospital during the CoViD-19 pAnDeMiC, was like trying to get into Fort Knox by the way.

His nurse called me yesterday annnnnnd…………………….

Perfectly normal coronary calcium test and no build up around my heart at all. I told her to put his butt on the phone because we had some business to take care of. She lolled at me and said that he told her to let me know he was working from home for awhile.

He's coming off those tickets one way or the other....

Cool. I got lucky and bought 2 in 228 before knowing that lol
Nice! It’s pretty high and can be brutal during early games with the sun, but it’s not a bad view. I’ve seen games from every section at OU. Not a bad seat, new end zone section is really nice too but definitely dominated by OU fans.
if anyone can get south endzone club access, I definitely recommend it.

Reactions: FairburnVol
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back