Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hypothetical, since they lived at different times, but which do you all think would win:

T rex or Brachiosaurus?

Anyone know if Sleegro is ok? Another poster I've wondered about is Pane de Mais, may be wrong spelling. He burst on the scene posting all day long and then gone. Seems odd.
Wish there was a way of knowing if something happens to posters here. I may go a few days without checking this site but can't imagine stopping entirely without something happening to me..
Sleegro does that sometimes. He totally disappeared in the Fall after we lost a few.

Pane di mais went hard in the MFn paint and got put in timeout months ago.

There are automated services that will email someone or perform a script when you have not done something in so long (assuming you died). Bitcoiners have used it to send out instructions to family on how to retrieve their btc in case something happened to them.

My mother in law got the same symptoms I did at exactly the same time. She called the doctor and doc says it may be Coronavirus. They don’t know without testing but she’s getting a prescription sent.

I’m gonna ride it out. Im healthy and think my immune system can crush this and come out stronger

If you have worse symptoms get a pulse oximeter which measures the oxygen in your blood. To ensure you are getting sufficient flow to your body. I think they are like $30-$60.

Stockpiling only works when you know something is going to happen (since things have expiration dates) also, I never said it was bio-engineered. The Chinese are to blame due to lack of communication to the world for nearly 2 months. They literally censored a doctor who ended up dying to the disease..... come on now.

I'm not trying to call out anyone specifically, but people are saying that this disease is manmade. The Chinese government is horrible, and made this worse for their people and the world, I'm not trying to downplay that either. I just hope we take the right lessons from this once we get through it.

I'm not trying to call out anyone specifically, but people are saying that this disease is manmade. The Chinese government is horrible, and made this worse for their people and the world, I'm not trying to downplay that either. I just hope we take the right lessons from this once we get through it.

Agreed on all fronts.

Also, for general information purposes.

Here is some good information from a Doctor at Johns Hopkins regarding the Coronavirus:

* The virus is not a living organism, but a protein molecule (DNA) covered by a protective layer of lipid (fat), which, when absorbed by the cells of the ocular, nasal or buccal mucosa, changes their genetic code. (mutation) and convert them into aggressor and multiplier cells.

* Since the virus is not a living organism but a protein molecule, it is not killed, but decays on its own. The disintegration time depends on the temperature, humidity and type of material where it lies.

* The virus is very fragile; the only thing that protects it is a thin outer layer of fat. That is why any soap or detergent is the best remedy, because the foam CUTS the FAT (that is why you have to rub so much: for 20 seconds or more, to make a lot of foam).

By dissolving the fat layer, the protein molecule disperses and breaks down on its own.

* HEAT melts fat; this is why it is so good to use water above 77 degrees Fahrenheit for washing hands, clothes and everything. In addition, hot water makes more foam and that makes it even more useful.

* Alcohol or any mixture with alcohol over 65% DISSOLVES ANY FAT, especially the external lipid layer of the virus.

* Any mix with 1 part bleach and 5 parts water directly dissolves the protein, breaks it down from the inside.

* Oxygenated water helps long after soap, alcohol and chlorine, because peroxide dissolves the virus protein, but you have to use it pure and it hurts your skin.

* NO BACTERICIDE OR ANTIBIOTIC SERVES. The virus is not a living organism like bacteria; antibodies cannot kill what is not alive.

* NEVER shake used or unused clothing, sheets or cloth. While it is glued to a porous surface, it is very inert and disintegrates only
-between 3 hours (fabric and porous),
-4 hours (copper and wood)
-24 hours (cardboard),
- 42 hours (metal) and
-72 hours (plastic).

But if you shake it or use a feather duster, the virus molecules float in the air for up to 3 hours, and can lodge in your nose.

* The virus molecules remain very stable in external cold, or artificial as air conditioners in houses and cars.

They also need moisture to stay stable, and especially darkness. Therefore, dehumidified, dry, warm and bright environments will degrade it faster.

* UV LIGHT on any object that may contain it breaks down the virus protein. For example, to disinfect and reuse a mask is perfect. Be careful, it also breaks down collagen (which is protein) in the skin.

* The virus CANNOT go through healthy skin.

* Vinegar is NOT useful because it does not break down the protective layer of fat.

* NO SPIRITS, NOR VODKA, serve. The strongest vodka is 40% alcohol, and you need 65%.

* LISTERINE IF IT SERVES! It is 65% alcohol.

* The more confined the space, the more concentration of the virus there can be. The more open or naturally ventilated, the less.

* You have to wash your hands before and after touching mucosa, food, locks, knobs, switches, remote control, cell phone, watches, computers, desks, TV, etc. And when using the bathroom.

* You have to Moisturize dry hands from so much washing them, because the molecules can hide in the micro cracks. The thicker the moisturizer, the better.

* Also keep your NAILS SHORT so that the virus does not hide there.

For those interested the website I've posted has drastically reduced the forecast for Tennessee. IHME | COVID-19 Projections

This was discussed a little bit earlier. This is really good news.

Please keep in mind these projections still require social distancing and government mitigation efforts to continue. Maybe we can push them down even further.

Also, for general information purposes.

Here is some good information from a Doctor at Johns Hopkins regarding the Coronavirus:

* The virus is not a living organism, but a protein molecule (DNA) covered by a protective layer of lipid (fat), which, when absorbed by the cells of the ocular, nasal or buccal mucosa, changes their genetic code. (mutation) and convert them into aggressor and multiplier cells.

* Since the virus is not a living organism but a protein molecule, it is not killed, but decays on its own. The disintegration time depends on the temperature, humidity and type of material where it lies.

* The virus is very fragile; the only thing that protects it is a thin outer layer of fat. That is why any soap or detergent is the best remedy, because the foam CUTS the FAT (that is why you have to rub so much: for 20 seconds or more, to make a lot of foam).

By dissolving the fat layer, the protein molecule disperses and breaks down on its own.

* HEAT melts fat; this is why it is so good to use water above 77 degrees Fahrenheit for washing hands, clothes and everything. In addition, hot water makes more foam and that makes it even more useful.

* Alcohol or any mixture with alcohol over 65% DISSOLVES ANY FAT, especially the external lipid layer of the virus.

* Any mix with 1 part bleach and 5 parts water directly dissolves the protein, breaks it down from the inside.

* Oxygenated water helps long after soap, alcohol and chlorine, because peroxide dissolves the virus protein, but you have to use it pure and it hurts your skin.

* NO BACTERICIDE OR ANTIBIOTIC SERVES. The virus is not a living organism like bacteria; antibodies cannot kill what is not alive.

* NEVER shake used or unused clothing, sheets or cloth. While it is glued to a porous surface, it is very inert and disintegrates only
-between 3 hours (fabric and porous),
-4 hours (copper and wood)
-24 hours (cardboard),
- 42 hours (metal) and
-72 hours (plastic).

But if you shake it or use a feather duster, the virus molecules float in the air for up to 3 hours, and can lodge in your nose.

* The virus molecules remain very stable in external cold, or artificial as air conditioners in houses and cars.

They also need moisture to stay stable, and especially darkness. Therefore, dehumidified, dry, warm and bright environments will degrade it faster.

* UV LIGHT on any object that may contain it breaks down the virus protein. For example, to disinfect and reuse a mask is perfect. Be careful, it also breaks down collagen (which is protein) in the skin.

* The virus CANNOT go through healthy skin.

* Vinegar is NOT useful because it does not break down the protective layer of fat.

* NO SPIRITS, NOR VODKA, serve. The strongest vodka is 40% alcohol, and you need 65%.

* LISTERINE IF IT SERVES! It is 65% alcohol.

* The more confined the space, the more concentration of the virus there can be. The more open or naturally ventilated, the less.

* You have to wash your hands before and after touching mucosa, food, locks, knobs, switches, remote control, cell phone, watches, computers, desks, TV, etc. And when using the bathroom.

* You have to Moisturize dry hands from so much washing them, because the molecules can hide in the micro cracks. The thicker the moisturizer, the better.

* Also keep your NAILS SHORT so that the virus does not hide there.
Shoot...Big Science now tryna tell me how to live...gotta keep those Big Science and Big Research dollars rolling in.

Not to put a damper on Conspiracy Theory Monday, but here's a good article that offers different theories.

The coronavirus did not escape from a lab. Here's how we know. | Live Science

It's far from uncommon.
We're China's best customer and this isn't some kind of permanent economic killer. Our economy will bounce back and all China has in return is a ton of lost sales. They had so much to lose and so little to gain from this, you can't make it come out a positive for them.

But the seed is planted and China has earned their reputation. No point in trying to convince otherwise. The important thing is those in charge of the country's fate know it's just a virus and aren't spreading anything to the contrary. No sign they plan to, all that really matters.

Laugh all you want. I see a lot of people out and about.

Up to you to put on blinders if you choose too. Im not wholly blaming Trump and GOP, but i dont think the alt right has helped anyone out by not speaking the truth, and taking a laisse faire attitude about Covid.

Honestly at this point all he can do is move needed medical items around and invoke BB's to create and manufacture needed items. As mentioned, plenty of blame to go around. (still not happy about Pelosi et al earmarking the Stimulus with stupid bull ****).

If you want to laugh, laugh. Truth is, SG, Trump, Fauci are all now saying same thing. You wont be laughing after next couple weeks.

It is imperative we pay attention to the reap facts & science of this thing. Some people may choose to take their neighbors & 7 kids on a neighborhood stroll, or walk into Walmart with the fam & no mask...

Stay the **** home! Simple.

Else a lot of people may get hurt.

What is this all about?

I like you man, but you might wanna take a day or two away from here. I've done it a couple if times. It helps.

So I’m talking about where the virus came from and you are talking about staying home..... interesting. Btw, there is no way to stop the spread of this thing. We have to rely on the plasma with the antibodies from recovered patients and treatments for this virus. Unless you want the US to shut down for 18 months. (The time it will take to get a vaccine)

Edit: Social distancing works to slow down the rate of people who will need medical care and slows down the spread. But make no mistake it will spread.
i mis interpreted. my bad.

My mother in law got the same symptoms I did at exactly the same time. She called the doctor and doc says it may be Coronavirus. They don’t know without testing but she’s getting a prescription sent.

I’m gonna ride it out. Im healthy and think my immune system can crush this and come out stronger
Prayers are going up for both of you.

It's possible that the virus was released from Wuhan's Virology Lab. There have been reports in the past of their researchers selling the animals instead of cremating them after they finished using them for experiments. Sold to people who ate them. It is possible.

But the general consensus is that this virus was not man-made. And this article offers explanations as to why is was able to pass so quickly from human-to-human. "In that possible scenario, the genetic features that make the new coronavirus so effective at infecting human cells (its pathogenic powers) would have been in place before hopping to humans."

IF the virus was released from a lab, I certainly don't think it was intentional. China was clearly not prepared for it. They had to build many make-shift hospitals and completely lock down a city of 11 million people. Which is still partially locked down. They are also so concerned about subsequent outbreaks, they have a mandatory 14-day quarantine for anyone entering from another country. A quarantine so strict, that they recently banished someone who didn't comply. She went out for a solo jog.

I have a friend who works on the business side for Methodist Hospital, and they apparently have some association with a facility in China. What I bolded is what is being discussed. I am not sure about the "selling" part, but the animals were not disposed of correctly.

Last edited:
They say a sucker is born every minute. I'm thinking the number is higher.

Circa Sports on Sunday released its first pool of Heisman Trophy odds, a group that included 367 players. For Tennessee, five players made the cut.

Four of the five Vols on the list were quarterbacks: redshirt senior Jarrett Guarantano, sophomore Brian Maurer, freshman Harrison Bailey and redshirt junior Kasim Hill. Sophomore running back Eric Gray was the only Tennessee representative outside of the quarterback position.

Though if I had to bet on one, I'd go with Gray behind our mauler OL.

Reactions: gainesvol82
I've posted this before but want to remind everyone to please share if you know people in need of PPE's.

I hear from a lot of people who need this stuff but either can't find it or are being overcharged. Not trying to spam but this is important.

www.faceshieldhat.com
or
800-889-6368 ext. 206

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back