Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Granddaughter of a coworker has it. Also another coworker has a temp of 102, flu like symptoms, and is negative for the flu and strep. Asked for a test and was denied, sent home with antibiotics and no diagnosis.
If it gets in this forum we are doomed. None of us can stay away from here to save our lives.

Probably exactly what I am going to do if I get it soon enough from probate. I am probably going to have to live on my part of the life insurance disbursement though thanks to this stupid virus crap.

Mom is down to hours at this point according to hospice. She is not lucid anymore and is almost completely unresponsive, and one of our families long time best friends in Florida just passed a couple of hours ago...can't even go to the funeral...thus far this year is already #1 with a bullet of worst years of my life...I am just praying my 75 sickly father, and my father in law that almost died 4 weeks ago from Pneumonia don't get this crap...I honestly don't see how they won't eventually at this point.
A bit off-topic, but you had mentioned their remaining inheritance before. If your parents are in their mid 70s, I would imagine any retirement funds they have would now be heavily invested in bonds and not the stock market, assuming someone managed it properly. Hopefully turns out true for you and your family.

The general rule is 120-age = percent in equities. At 75, no less than half should be in bonds and money market instruments. Many managers will get even more conservative and go straight to 80-90% bonds/MM.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Miami mayor tests positive for coronavirus without symptoms, encourages people to 'take this very seriously'

See, this pisses me off. The rest of us are being told that we need to avoid testing (in fact, we will not be tested) unless we've had a known exposure and are presenting with the most drastic of symptoms. But some people are getting tested that are asymptomatic.

And I realize that he's the mayor of a major city and not just some Joe Blow from Georgia, but still. There are scores of people sicker than him that have been denied testing.

I do stupid sh!t to this day...doesn't mean somebody can't call me out on it.

At what age does your immunity from ridicule for doing stupid stuff expire?
When you’ve been as high character and as good of a romodel that cam has been since he being drafted i say cut the guy some slack. He’s an icon in that community.

Reactions: jakez4ut
When you’ve been as high character and as good of a romodel that cam has been since he being drafted i say cut the guy some slack. He’s an icon in that community.
I hear you there. And I celebrate that he uses his wealth and fame to benefit others in his community.

But if you think there aren't going to be stolen laptop comments for the rest of his life, I don't know what to tell you.

I hear you there. And I celebrate that he uses his wealth and fame to benefit others in his community.

But if you think there aren't going to be stolen laptop comments for the rest of his life, I don't know what to tell you.

Not just that either. We all have a different lifestyle ideas, but living with an ex-stripper for years who you cheated on and who had your son out of wedlock will not win any points for traditional family values.

I've hesitated to wade in on this, and will do so only on the hopes that it might genuinely persuade some and possibly save lives. I imagine it will ruffle feathers, and some will lose respect for me but I'll go ahead because if I am out to just placate the crowd, I'm of no use.

In regard to the response of the Christian, or "church goer" continuing to attend public worship services, (church is a people, not a building)...

He (Jesus) answered, “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind’; and, ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’” - Luke 10:27

I propose to you that when my "loving of God" is at odds with "loving my neighbor" there is a breakdown between understanding and application because the two should always be inextricably joined at the hip. We are all free to express our faith in this country so long as it does not infringe upon the freedoms of others. In my opinion, the attendance of public worship services at this time is not "loving your neighbor" as this will clearly increase the risk of spreading the virus. If you are looking for any type of scriptural reference regarding outbreaks, the Old Testament gives clear instructions to practice "social distancing" to stop the outbreak. There are no edifications to just drum up some more faith and carry on.

I am a man of faith and reason. If the practicing of my "great faith" puts my neighbor at risk, am I that much different than the religious extremist terrorist who is only concerned with how he is expressing his faith and does not consider how it will affect those whose lives he will destroy as he cries out "God is great!"? This is a strong statement that will offend many, but I urge you to consider it before you dismiss it.

Fortunately, the Corvid-19 virus has literally 0 affect on how I love God. My Sunday morning attendance denies me the fellowship of my brothers and sisters, but we will come together again soon enough. God doesn't live at your church or my church. You may feel an emotional tie to attending that collection of bricks, carpet and seating but God transcends all of that. As for my worship of God, I carry it with me wherever I am. As for loving others, for most of us, the best way we can do that is to physically be out of their presence. Give a call, video chat, pray over the phone, safely bring food to those who cannot get out... there are a lot of ways to love others, but in this season, it must be with caution, not stubbornness masked as faith.

______

Those are my thoughts in a quick sitting. Once again, my intent is not to condemn or inflame, but it's my current rambling thought on the matter.

If you hate what I've said, please save the reply and just write to me all of your hateful words at UlyseesE.McGill@gmail.com I'll be reading them all.
What I’ve gathered here is your a fanatic!!!!

Kidding, well said Brother

Reactions: nicksjuzunk
My wife is the Director of Case Mgmt. at our local hospital. A few minutes ago she had to give up one of her case workers to serve as a nurse on the floor indefinitely and she said they are going to take another one by tomorrow if not sooner. This just makes my wife's job that much tougher right now. There is a huge shortage of nurses in most hospitals as it is without this added to it. If I had a son or daughter who hadn't chosen a career path yet, I would encourage them best I could to consider something in the medical profession, especially nursing.

I agree that this would be good for some to choose as a career and there are not enough quality nurses available, but not everyone that is a nurse should be.
My father was in real bad shape a few years ago had a diverticulitis rupture and he went septic. Pain meds made him itchy and had to have mittens because he was unknowingly messing up some of his cords. Male nurse was getting frustrated and aggressively snatched his arm and pinned it down while cursing under his breath. I was so very close to assaulting that mofo with a bed pan and still to this day wish I would have.
I know everyone has bad days and can let tempers get the best of them, but this guy crossed a line and showed no remorse or didn’t even seem to care.
Good nurses that are patient and compassionate are blessings from God, but I would rather catch the herps from Mrs Mullen than having that dbag take care of anyone important to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back