Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to see a table showing the data from say 1900 to today listing the major virus, flu or other diseases, how many deaths associated with it, the year each hit, etc. I guarantee you all sporting events, pro, college, even high school, were never cancelled and shut down before this. And most of society has a far higher risk of being killed texting and driving than being killed by this. Those are the people that need to be quarantined!

And for all of you who work in the medical field, thanks for all you do and I hope most people will just use good common sense. Unless you are truly sick, stay away from the er's, hospitals and clinics so the elderly and high risk patients can get tested if need be and treated first!

We had an Alaska cruise scheduled for May 30 out of Vancouver. Canada cancelled all cruises till July 1. Bummer. I booked this last fall. Sort of a bucket list item for me.

We had an Alaska cruise scheduled for May 30 out of Vancouver. Canada cancelled all cruises till July 1. Bummer. I booked this last fall. Sort of a bucket list item for me.
This is something I’ve wanting to do. Whenever you take the cruise, can you let me know how it is?

Hopefully people on all sides of the political spectrum will agree we need fix the problem of China making all our meds. We want to be energy independent but with China having us by the jewels in regards to medicine is a recipe for disaster. Let them make our cell phones, and toys, bring the meds home.
They don't make all of them.

Reactions: esands88

...and without trying to downplay it, it will likely have no worse impact than the flu with those infections. Elderly and respiratory illness folks are in grave danger... just like flu. Everyone else will recover unless... God forbid, it mutates to something worse... which is the primary concern IMO

Reactions: VOLSONLY
...and without trying to downplay it, it will likely have no worse impact than the flu with those infections. Elderly and respiratory illness folks are in grave danger... just like flu. Everyone else will recover unless... God forbid, it mutates to something worse... which is the primary concern IMO

Some of the published numbers have people aged 20-50 dying at a 0.2% rate. Yes, most will recover, but those are still scary numbers. If half of the people in the US get it, and those numbers are accurate, you could see 50-100k people in that 20-50 age range dying.

Sure, that is about what the seasonal flu kills every year, but the flu rarely kills people that young.

It’s private but you can come up if you are not running a fever, been in contact with known exposure, or recent travel to known areas of community transmission.
I heard this morning there is a confirmed case in our neck of the woods this morning. Went to Winchester hospital and was moved to Nashville.

The flu has killed over 30,000 people this past year. We are worried about a virus that has only killed 55 Americans where 23 of them were all in one nursing home accounting for 42% of the overall deaths in America. Where almost 73% of the deaths have taken place in Washington.

All of this seems a little ridiculous to me. Like you said this really only is deadly to the elderly or those with other issues. Anyone else can fight this thing off with over the counter medications.

Update: 55 Americans have passed away. 49 Have recovered. 10 are in critical and 2385 are in mild condition. Number of cases: 2499

Tracking link below:

United States Coronavirus: 2,499 Cases and 55 Deaths - Worldometer

Location of Deaths: Missing 4 / Washington accounting for about 73% of Deaths in the US. ECC451AB-8E76-425D-B74F-6D8C60A37FC4.jpeg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back