Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cowboy, of dog fart fame, some conversation between me, Glitch, and another guy I can't remember, he was super super serious about his laser, gone in 2013
View attachment 261366

in 2016 i got Cowgirl, totally diff personality but the same smarts, she is the most loving, affectionate, sensitive dog I've ever owned
View attachment 261368

View attachment 261369

View attachment 261371

Love the red heeler. We had to put our down last July and I about dehydrated from the tears.

20190706_074818.jpg

Our pets (2 dogs & 2 cats) love being outdoors, and they let us know when they want back in. However, we always bring them in at night because pets tend to get eaten in rural NM (grey foxes, bobcats, coyotes, and the worst - mountain lions). Last year our neighbor to the south lost both of his cats one night to a mountain lion.
Yeah, the wild animals out there are no joke. When we lived in the Sandia Mountains our 100 lb smooth collie had to stare down a juvenile black bear trying to get to the fruit trees in the yard. The bear wanted no part of him and left through the gate. We had a 6 foot fence but they'd climb the fence posts to get in at night.

Yeah keep that money away from those evil animal shelters!
After the way we were treated, I can assure you I do view then as condescending ass holes so I do view them as evil. When you're told they would rather put them to sleep than let you have them that told me all I needed to know about their motives. There interest is in money not the welfare of dogs.

After the way we were treated, I can assure you I do view then as condescending ass holes so I do view them as evil. When you're told they would rather put them to sleep than let you have them that told me all I needed to know about their motives. There interest is in money not the welfare of dogs.

tell them what they want to hear maybe?

Reactions: barrylee
Did they actually, verbally say that?

Has anyone ever crumbled up a six pack of Krystal burgers onto a large Little Ceasar's Extra Most Pepperoni pizza and eaten the whole thing and lived? Asking for a friend. TIA.

source.gif
No but I’d like to try

I haven't read all the information you posted, but we came across a kitten one day that was injured. I think it had been grazed by a passing car. The kitten was trying to get out of the road but struggling, although when we got it into our car it could move OK (it was injured, so it went into protection mode...that damn thing ended up getting up behind our glove compartment...I had to take the entire glove compartment out, which involved removing a good bit of trim from the dash and side panels). Anyway, there is a place locally that adopts out dogs and cats, so we figured we take it to them. Got over there and they wouldn't take it, and would give us any advice on where we could take it.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
tell them what they want to hear maybe?
I've always thought honesty was the best policy. It kind of caught me off guard. Never realized they looked down on people that wanted pets to run free through the woods and Fields as nature intended. Plenty of animals that can be rescued without going through those idiots. Our Craiglist rescue has been one of the best dogs we've ever had. Has the good citizenship designation for dogs. Sweet as she can be.

I've always thought honesty was the best policy. It kind of caught me off guard. Never realized they looked down on people that wanted pets to run free through the woods and Fields as nature intended. Plenty of animals that can be rescued without going through those idiots. Our Craiglist rescue has been one of the best dogs we've ever had. Has the good citizenship designation for dogs. Sweet as she can be.

I guess they feel that dogs that are out running free will wind up lost and become another rescue or in a shelter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back