Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn guys
I don’t know how many of you butcher but we just got done with our first one of the year and I’m ****ing wore out
Put it down and got it hung Saturday and cut it up the last two nights

Damn guys
I don’t know how many of you butcher but we just got done with our first one of the year and I’m ****ing wore out
Put it down and got it hung Saturday and cut it up the last two nights
Done some chicken, would like to try raising/butchering rabbit and move on to some American Guinea Hogs

A man can only dream

Reactions: quadlee21
I have one of the best union stories to tell. I'm not a union guy just so you understand my take on this.
I was attending a food show, in Chicago, a few years ago. It was at their massive conference center and we shipped a pallet of product for our display. When the truck arrived at the dock, I went out there to get it off the truck and off the dock. Some big security guy told me to get away from the truck and fill out a request form to have "a union dock worker" get it off the truck. I was told it would take about 4 hours because they were backed up. Long story short, the union guy put a pallet jack under the pallet and pulled it 10 feet from the truck, where I tool possession, and charged me $275 for his effort.

True story! Chicago is a union town and nothing gets moved unless a union worker touches it :mad::mad::mad::mad:
That's one of many issues. Unions destroy incentive.

Not saying he is or isn't, but he can be a great X&O guy but suck at teaching fundamentals. Just because he is a "great offensive mind" doesn't necessarily mean the TEs will improve...jus sayin 🤷‍♂️

Well being a successful HC at two different stops makes me think he can teach some fundamentals too, and people in the know say he’s a top recruiter already. Will be excited to see how well he does.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Some kids would do better learning a trade and will make more money if they do that instead of the degree but trades normally max out at 60-70k UNLESS you are able to take it to the next level opening a business where you hire others to do the trade as you grow the business. Most do well in a trade but like I said before, you max out.

A degree that isn’t some obscure liberal arts degree that only leads to being a professor to other students trying to get the same degree, gives you the opportunity to have a career. The degree opens the door but what you do once the opportunity arises is what matters. However, as @bignewt posted, the opportunity never comes without the degree. Some who get degrees never should’ve and do not have the ability for true career advancement. If you produce and get to the top, the max earning potential is unlimited BUT it depends on you and your ability.
I have a Political Science degree and I have a nice career, thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back