Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I loved Grant as well. Interesting question though...

Basketball: Isiah Victor (he got forgotten a bit cause CJ Black, Ron Slay, Marcus Haislip)
Football: Cedric Houston he's always been that RB that I feel didn't get the workload he deserved. First Jabari Davis was vulturing and then Riggs. Was also always impressed by Jonathan Hefney, he seems to get forgotten a lot as well.

I'm gonna go with Mike Jackson. How are you not overlooked with King and Grunfeld casting such huge shadows? He was deadly from that corner. Would love to have him on this years roster.

I would favor making P5 a division with a national championship and G5 with a national championship. That would reflect the reality of football today.
P5 would play two G5 out of conference and G5 would play to FCS to spread the momey

I mean that's a pretty impressive parlay call that nobody else in here was even close on.
True, bass connected the dots nicely. VQ guys have said for awhile that Nieds can coach D and Pruitt has talked about that. He coached LB other places. And VQ also hinted that Osovet could be in line for an on field role. And when Sherrer left it made sense. Good dot connecting, Bass.

Also with the salary reductions (Sherrer made $700k), Graham only making $575k and Osovet likely much less than that. Means Pruitt can open up the wallet for a DL coach like Bo Davis if Rocker leaves the field.

Breakfast: get a Hot Brown at the Brown Hotel
Lunch: grab something downtown like Proof on Main
Dinner: Havana Rumba, one of the best meals I’ve ever had in my life
Breakfast, lunch, or dinner, get a Hot Brown at the English Grill at the Brown Hotel. You will not regret it. Takes like a half-hour to bake so don't get in a rush, but you will thank everyone for the recommendations.

Louisville Famous Dish | The Hot Brown Recipe | The Brown Hotel

85 Scholarship athletes on 1 football team at $25k is $2,125,000 a year.

There's 130ish D1 schools, almost 280 million dollars a year JUST to pay that 25k a year to the football athletes on scholarship. Not to mention basketball (something like 230 D1 programs with 13 on scholarship for men's)

Hank's talking about bankrupting the NCAA, risky play Hank...

Reactions: VOLSONLY and Ace
True, bass connected the dots nicely. VQ guys have said for awhile that Nieds can coach D and Pruitt has talked about that. He coached LB other places. And VQ also hinted that Osovet could be in line for an on field role. And when Sherrer left it made sense. Good dot connecting, Bass.

Also with the salary reductions (Sherrer made $700k), Graham only making $575k and Osovet likely much less than that. Means Pruitt can open up the wallet for a DL coach like Bo Davis if Rocker leaves the field.
Really hope this happens with Davis

I'm gonna go with Mike Jackson. How are you not overlooked with King and Grunfeld casting such huge shadows? He was deadly from that corner. Would love to have him on this years roster.
I always thought that if the 3 point line had been in effect during this era, MJ would have been setting scoring records.

I would pencil in a raise for Neids if he didn’t get one last year.

So there’s a thing the womenfolk do to show off their newly minted nails...they use a “nail prop.” It’s basically holding something in your hand for the picture of the nails. Well, my wife showed me this one and I died.

View attachment 257790

Nice rhubarb!

They always play sloppy. Very disappointing that KJH isn’t getting it through their thick heads to be smarter with the ball. When I get to watch them, they turn the ball over so much, and it’s because of careless ball handling. If they would protect the ball and cut their turnovers in half, they would be a much better team.

Like I said, they got better with their passes after the first quarter and the turnovers went down a lot. They still had a few, but it was better. Also, it looked like Davis was coaching one of the other girls to pop her passes more. It's in there somewhere. They just need it consistently.

The freshman, Key? She needs to be more assertive, but she has time. She just looked timid too often. They had height all day on Vanderbilt.

What they're really missing that they used to have is one or two deadly three-ball assassins. Add that to this team, and they'd be hard to stop offensively.

Reactions: OGbabyaviVol
Like I said, they got better with their passes after the first quarter and the turnovers went down a lot. They still had a few, but it was better. Also, it looked like Davis was coaching one of the other girls to pop her passes more. It's in there somewhere. They just need it consistently.

The freshman, Key? She needs to be more assertive, but she has time. She just looked timid too often. They had height all day on Vanderbilt.

What they're really missing that they used to have is one or two deadly three-ball assassins. Add that to this team, and they'd be hard to stop offensively.

Whenever I tune in and watch, it seems like they always play well in the 1st quarter, but after that it gets bad.

Reactions: WriterVol
The "average" unlimited phone plan is about $100 or so for one line. That's $1200 a year, the stipend can easily cover than AND the roughly $75 or so a month you pay for car insurance.

On scholarship athletes honestly don't have any "bills" to speak of other than a few luxury ones... there's been a vocal few that have made it out to be like "living in a 3rd world country" but they don't wtf they are talking about honestly, US privilege and all. Going to bed hungry...listen if you ate 2 or 3 meals THAT SAME DAY you ain't going to bed hungry, you don't know what hungry is.

I still see no issues with player's profiting off their own likeness, because ultimately that will require said player to do a bit of side hustle/work themselves. I get both sides of the argument, but I also don't want to see football or men's basketball (small portion of the larger picture) ruin the opportunity for other student athletes to use their talents to help offset the cost of attending college.

It's not the fault of the university that a lot of these athletes don't take advantage of the main benefit of them being on scholarship, you're getting basically 24/7 free tutoring and no cost to take courses. If you take the same bogus course 15 times and leave UNC after a junior with next to no credits towards a degree that's on you ultimately. Plenty of great college athletes have earned amazing degrees and never played a down in professional sports.

And you have to pay the 85th man on the roster same as the starting QB. Can’t wait for the first “why are we paying this bum?” post after a shaky long snap or missed ST block. Much less pass not reigned in on a 3rd down.

Can only imagine the students already paying their own way. Working at Footlocker to cover their meals, making 18,000 grand. Now, finding out that 85th guy that never sees the field, with the free room, board and stipend, now makes more than them, also.

I know why the rule is there but I don't like that athletes can't make their own money.
But at the same time, I'm sure parents pulling double shifts just to give their child an education, are tired of hearing us decide last year's "more" is no longer enough.
I know - "but the athletes bring in the money"..like the kids that are responsible for the university being there for the athletes in the 1st place, are just an annoyance.

Pretty fair, 25k a year equates to about $12 an hour for a normal 9-5 job. And they'll have insurance paid for, housing, food, and school.

Tennessee could absolutely do that. Along with some other institutions. The issue that muddles all this up is equity. With legal ramifications because to the way Title IX codes are written. Many sports programs at universities do not make any profit so with no profit in a free market those programs go away. The answer to that could be so what; that means less resources wasted on sports that the market is obviously not demanding or else they would be profitable. I do not think the powers that be in higher education are ready to make that "so what" declaration at this point. Do you?

Can only imagine the students already paying their own way. Working at Footlocker to cover their meals, making 18,000 grand. Now, finding out that 85th guy that never sees the field, with the free room, board and stipend, now makes more than them, also.

I know why the rule is there but I don't like that athletes can't make their own money.
But at the same time, I'm sure parents pulling double shifts just to give their child an education, are tired of hearing us decide last year's "more" is no longer enough.
I know - "but the athletes bring in the money"..like the kids that are responsible for the university being there for the athletes in the 1st place, are just an annoyance.
Now that they’re able to profit on their own likeness, maybe they can trade autographs for pizzas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back