Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had to come on here after last night. Couple thoughts from me (not that it matters).

1. Thank you Georgia for letting us steal Chaney. Each week our offense looks more creative and effective. Each week, theirs looks unimaginative and horrific. They are wasting all that talent while we are maximizing.

2. I’m sorry for all the crap I gave JG. Some young men simply take longer to develop. He’s doing what most do, start balling out in their junior year. I’m excited to watch his senior season now.

3. The peloton commercials reek of vanity and smugness. I despise them. Who the f%%# video records themselves working out. Ride your bike and shut up.

Go Vols! If the bowl game is in Florida, I’ll see you guys there!

Had to come on here after last night. Couple thoughts from me (not that it matters).

1. Thank you Georgia for letting us steal Chaney. Each week our offense looks more creative and effective. Each week, theirs looks unimaginative and horrific. They are wasting all that talent while we are maximizing.

2. I’m sorry for all the crap I gave JG. Some young men simply take longer to develop. He’s doing what most do, start balling out in their junior year. I’m excited to watch his senior season now.

3. The peloton commercials reek of vanity and smugness. I despise them. Who the f%%# video records themselves working out. Ride your bike and shut up.

Go Vols! If the bowl game is in Florida, I’ll see you guys there!

Lmao.😂

Reactions: TennacJed
Just rewatched that, saw it last night, but was hammered. Anyone else think Cole Cubelic kinda pissed Pruitt off?! He didn’t look overly pleased.
Pruitt apparently doesn’t like people invading his space. Remember drunk guy in Gus’ Deli? Cubelic appears to be the guy who stands way too close you when your having a conversation. If you notice Pruitt takes a half step back. But I agree, he doesn’t look thrilled about Cubelic cutting him off mid sentence and pointing out that he should be happy.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Just curious, has Shamburger said anything about his conversation with Jeremy Pruitt?
I certainly don't think Pruitt crossed the line, but beyond the "yes sirs," I was just curious how he personally took it.

A great performance last night. I was fortunate enough to fly back with the guys last night post game and the energy and atmosphere this team and staff has created is truly amazing to witness. This team is a freight train moving at light speed...I don’t see anything stopping them from demolishing candy next week and then I really feel sorry for any team that has to face us in a bowl game.

All of this is making its way through the recruiting “networks” as well...expect a very strong finish.

Need a strong finish with recruiting. Top 15 would be nice.

Think the narrative on TV and from national media might help. Last night all the "a TN team on fire" and similar, were way above and beyond previous praise.

Nothing we (TN) can do that matches praise and spotlighting from around the country.
Now, let's capitalize.

If JG wants to meet me at waffle House and kick me square in the jewels I'll allow it. I left him for dead many times and he played one of the best games of any UT qb in history last night. Mad respect for that kid.
I would proxy for JG if you're good with that. I'd even buy the hash browns afterwards.

I’ll say what may get me roasted but so be it.

JG deserved the roasting he was getting. (Not to the extremity of the crazies) It was talked to about in the broadcast last night that he was calling his own plays and number early in the season and it was coming back to bite him. He played stupid and wasn’t a team guy.

Then Bama happened.

After that and the benching, he took inventory of his football life and realized he needed to change. As many of us do as we get older. He made a decision to buy in to the system and its shown over the past 4-5 weeks.

The criticism was justified then, just as much as the praise is justified now. I was extremely harsh on him and yet have never doubted his toughness or passion. He struggles leading receivers on crossing routes but is one of the best timing/spot passers in the country. He just needs to keep getting better. He learned a valuable lesson this year and hopefully it pays off for him and us in the long run.

Just curious, has Shamburger said anything about his conversation with Jeremy Pruitt?
I certainly don't think Pruitt crossed the line, but beyond the "yes sirs," I was just curious how he personally took it.
I might have been seeing stuff, but when they showed him it looked like he was tearing up. He seemed more upset with himself than with anything Pruitt did to him.

A great performance last night. I was fortunate enough to fly back with the guys last night post game and the energy and atmosphere this team and staff has created is truly amazing to witness. This team is a freight train moving at light speed...I don’t see anything stopping them from demolishing candy next week and then I really feel sorry for any team that has to face us in a bowl game.

All of this is making its way through the recruiting “networks” as well...expect a very strong finish.
1574617034445.gif

Pruitt apparently doesn’t like people invading his space. Remember drunk guy in Gus’ Deli? Cubelic appears to be the guy who stands way too close you when your having a conversation. If you notice Pruitt takes a half step back. But I agree, he doesn’t look thrilled about Cubelic cutting him off mid sentence and pointing out that he should be happy.
But when it was over Pruitt said "thanks Cole" and I've never seen Pruitt refer to any media by first name before.

I’ll say what may get me roasted but so be it.

JG deserved the roasting he was getting. (Not to the extremity of the crazies) It was talked to about in the broadcast last night that he was calling his own plays and number early in the season and it was coming back to bite him. He played stupid and wasn’t a team guy.

Then Bama happened.

After that and the benching, he took inventory of his football life and realized he needed to change. As many of us do as we get older. He made a decision to buy in to the system and its shown over the past 4-5 weeks.

The criticism was justified then just as much as the praise is justified now. I was extremely harsh on him and yet have never doubted his toughness or passion. He learned a valuable lesson this year and hopefully it pays off for him and us in the long run.

I'm split. Obviously correct on the psychopath threats etc., and I also criticized his play and actions, it was obvious he was screwing up. Agreed.

Some of the absolutes of "he will never", were a bit much but there were several personal criticisms that looked like straight up attacks and were a step too far, *imo.

If JG wants to meet me at waffle House and kick me square in the jewels I'll allow it. I left him for dead many times and he played one of the best games of any UT qb in history last night. Mad respect for that kid.
@Atlanta VOL

Any chance we can set this up? Please say yes. And video will be required.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back