Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a reminder guys and gals, the football team may be open but the basketVols host #20 Washington at 5 today! Go Vols!
It’s odd to me that we are favored in this game. I’m not complaining, just odd. Unranked traveling across country to play a ranked team at home...either way let’s hope Vegas is right.
Edit: my fault just saw it’s in Toronto, not Washington. Still interesting we are favored IMO

It’s odd to me that we are favored in this game. I’m not complaining, just odd. Unranked traveling across country to play a ranked team at home...either way let’s hope Vegas is right.
Edit: my fault just saw it’s in Toronto, not Washington. Still interesting we are favored IMO
Also thought it was in Knoxville, edited my post for clarity.

#1 It was late and we talk about everything in here, and I really don't like bringing stuff like that up either, but it was not just a random off the wall post, it was a man's observation of the twatter argument going on over Garretts actions...which brings me to...

#2 That is an jerk accusation to make, I don't like what @HoleInTheRoof posts sometimes and we argue, but I do not know him to be a pot stirrer. I believe it was his honest observation...and I believe it to be probably true.

Like I said...just because you don't like what that observation says about the society we live in, doesn't make it false.

You can have the last word if you want...I'm done.
Another thing to consider is what happened in the game prior to the brawl:
1) Targeting on Ju Ju that knocks him out of the game
2) Horrific hit on Diontae Johnson by D Randall that led to ejection and blood coming out of Johnson's ear

Also, game was over. That was the final play of the game. No need to drive Rudolph to the ground and lay on him. It wasn't a late hit, but it was unnecessary roughness.

What do y’all think this staff would’ve done with the 2014 and 2015 signing classes if we took in the exact class? I’m think we’d be a top 10 team today and a playoff appearance as well. Pruitt would’ve loved Jalen Hurd.

Chaney and Pruitt would have been smart enough to look at Hurd's film and say "that boy knows how to run behind a lead blocker" and would have used more traditional I-formation. Dobbs's mechanics and decision making would have been so much better with a legit QB coach, and Chaney would have recreated the 2012 offense with Wolf, Jennings, and Malone.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Garth at NEYLAND tonight will be huge. However, how about this for attendance:

Garth Brooks on August 7, 1997 at Central Park in New York City. Dubbed "Garthstock" (paying homage to Woodstock), the concert was free of charge and became the largest concert ever held in the park, with an estimated audience of 980,000.

Sad that they couldn't do that in the last game that the US lost.

Yup, that’s ish was pathetic In that loss. Berhalter gonna have to quit trying to force his possession based offense on the team and let them play more natural. Case in point,
Yesterday. Lol. Glad to see GZ back on the pitch and scoring one, he’s had quite the layoff with the national teams up until this game.

Reactions: 3rdDegreeVol
Garth at NEYLAND tonight will be huge. However, how about this for attendance:

Garth Brooks on August 7, 1997 at Central Park in New York City. Dubbed "Garthstock" (paying homage to Woodstock), the concert was free of charge and became the largest concert ever held in the park, with an estimated audience of 980,000.

Wonder how they conceived that estimation. Seems bloated to me.

Reactions: Devo182

giphy.gif

Garrett is an idiot and deserves to be suspended a long time. Rudolph is also an idiot who deserves at least a fine. Saying Rudolph needs disciplinary action is in no way defending Garrett. View attachment 238690
And Josh Dobbs just sitting in Jax loving Jesus, studying rocket science and patiently waiting to play, but that’s none of my business

☕

They’re dug in. This is favorite son getting every benefit of the doubt stuff.

Can’t say I blame them. Nebraska wants so bad to be back where they feel they belong. It’s been a long time but they too were a feared bunch in their day. You know all that tho. I think this makes sense for them though, I’m sure fans are behind it as well. Would be nice to see them make a comeback to being relevant again, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back