Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.

The best of what Vols OC Jim Chaney told the Knoxville QB Club

Good read. I always enjoy hearing Chaney speak. Surprised no one else discussed this. Some tidbits I liked:

-UT has outscored its opponents 45-7 in the second half over the last three games.
-No team in the country has started more true freshmen than the Vols with eight true freshman starters this season
-We’ve only given up three sacks in the last three games
-Right now in any given season, the stats would say...that turnovers and explosive plays are the keys to victory.
-On the bootleg run by Guarantano: We thought we had a good little plan there, a couple of little plays no one had ever seen before. Actually, I was going with a different play and Coach Pruitt said, ‘Jim, try that other one,’ and it worked good.
-On what play he called on fourth-and-goal in the fourth quarter at Alabama: “Next question.”
-On not having a position group: Early on I wanted to help Will as much as I could in the line. Lately I’ve been trying to be around the quarterbacks a little bit more.

Plenty more good stuff in here.

This time last year we were 5-5 coming off a big win against Kentucky and everyone was talking about what a great coaching job Pruitt was doing and how we were on our way to what many thought was extremely unlikely earlier in the season.......a bowl game. We know what happened next. This feels like Deja Vu. I just hope it doesn't end the same way.
But we didn’t have a bye week before those 2 games last year

Reactions: Brillovol
This time last year we were 5-5 coming off a big win against Kentucky and everyone was talking about what a great coaching job Pruitt was doing and how we were on our way to what many thought was extremely unlikely earlier in the season.......a bowl game. We know what happened next. This feels like Deja Vu. I just hope it doesn't end the same way.

This team has more momentum than last year's and without Locke and Shurmur Missouri and Vandy are shells of last season. We're about to roll Vandy and Missouri. And if we don't, let's wait and complain about it then.

Anything is possible. But it actually doesn't feel like last year at all. I'm still a bit confused how they collapsed then. But, you're truly thinking we lose both to a sliding Missouri and a terrible Vandy team this year?
I will tell you exactly why that happened, it was for two big reasons...roster rot and HC OJT.

Reactions: screenthis

Good read. I always enjoy hearing Chaney speak. Surprised no one else discussed this. Some tidbits I liked:

-UT has outscored its opponents 45-7 in the second half over the last three games.
-No team in the country has started more true freshmen than the Vols with eight true freshman starters this season
-Right now in any given season, the stats would say...that turnovers and explosive plays are the keys to victory.
-On the bootleg run by Guarantano: We thought we had a good little plan there, a couple of little plays no one had ever seen before. Actually, I was going with a different play and Coach Pruitt said, ‘Jim, try that other one,’ and it worked good.
-On what play he called on fourth-and-goal in the fourth quarter at Alabama: “Next question.”
-On not having a position group: Early on I wanted to help Will as much as I could in the line. Lately I’ve been trying to be around the quarterbacks a little bit more.

Go back to helping the o-line.

Reactions: 85SugarVol
Go back to helping the o-line.

Getting the extra week to heal should really help that group.

Also from the article: Wanya Morris is playing great at left tackle. He’s been fighting through some injuries. As a young kid, that’s difficult to do for some of these boys that have never had to do it before.

This is awesome. Even if things took a bad turn, we could gripe and change coaches, but how do you get a better group than this? You can see that things are getting better not to mention all those high quality freshman who are improving in every game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back